Thankful For The Family We Have

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the reviews. I'm glad you all liked it. And I will say once the whole Charlie deal goes away, life will be good for the Halsteads for a few chapter. And since this week was Thanksgiving, for the United States anyways, I thought we could use a Thanksgiving edition of Linstead.

Enjoy.

The thunder rumbled in the distance as Jay's eyes shot open. He rolled over to wrap Erin in his embrace, but was only met with the cold sheets.

She must have been up for awhile.

Jay got out of bed and wandered down the hall to Jaxton's room. He peaked in, seeing Jaxton sound asleep and closed the door. Jay continued his way to the dining room where he saw her petite frame looking out at the Chicago skyline.

"Erin." He stood next to her, his hand placed on the small of her back. "Come back to bed."

She hadn't slept for the past four nights. It was now early Tuesday morning and she hadn't been acting right since Friday night.

She turned around, her eyes puffy red. "How, Jay?" She shook her head. "Charlie disappeared into thin air. He is after me. He thought Jax was his son with me when he raped me fifteen years ago, Jay! He assaulted me. He won't leave me alone and he is a threat to all three of us."

Jay didn't know what to do with his fiancé. With Scott and Damien, they were both in jail. Now, Charlie was running the streets. "Baby, please come to bed. We have to work in a few hours."

Erin nodded as Jay led her through the apartment and to the bedroom. He laid her down on her side of the bed and he climbed into his side of the bed. Erin curled into his side and Jay could feel her shake slightly.

"It's okay, Er. I won't let anything happen to you." He rubbed her back.

He felt vibration against his chest as muffled sobs filled the air and her body began to shake more. "I'm scared, Jay."

"I know, Erin. I am too. What he did to you was awful, and I promise when we find him he will regret the day he stepped foot near us. I won't let anything happen to you or Jaxton." And Jay would keep his word for as long as he could.

#######

"Jaxton, lets go." Jay grabbed his coat, standing at the door.

"Is mom not coming?" Jaxton had no idea what happened to Erin after he left, he just knew something was off.

Jay shook his head and they began the walk to the car. "No, I decided to let her sleep in for awhile." Jay shut the car door and started the car.

"Is mom okay?"

Jay didn't know what to do. He couldn't consult Erin. She needed to have little stress as possible right now. He thought about calling Will to see if he could take Jaxton for a couple of days, but decided not to. "Yes. She just, hasn't been feeling well lately. She will get better soon."

Jaxton shook his head. He knew Jay was lying to him. He knew both of his parents were stressed but he didn't want to add to the fire, so he just dropped the subject. "Okay. Practice is over at four thirty. See you then." He got out of the car and walked into school.

Jay stopped to get coffee on his way home and walked inside the apartment. He closed the door quietly and sat his coffee down on the counter, taking Erin's into the bedroom. She was still ruffled in the covers, her hair covering her eyes.

Jay sat the coffee down on her nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed, caressing her back lightly. "Er."

She rolled over to face him, closing her eyes again. "Hmm?"