Chapter 8: Rogues

Maya's Pov
Today is January 17th which means tonight Shawn and I are going to have our annual Tacos and movie marrathon night. Every 17th day of a month Shawn, my mother and I spend the night together eating junk food whilst watching movies. The reason we do it on the 17th is because that was the day my dad left, my mom decided to turn that day into something to look forward to and now that she's gone Shawn and I cherish these nights enjoying every single second we have together.

So here I am sitting in the back of Lucas's car whilst he drives me home after a long day at school. "Why are you so happy?" Riley asks trying to match my smile,

"Because today is the 17th"

"And what does that have to do with anything?" She asks confused,

"Shawn and I are going to spend the rest of the night stuffing our faces with Tacos whilst watching movies"

"That's cool, do you do it every year?" Lucas asks

"Every month" I answer,

"Well enjoy your night" Lucas say stopping his car in front of my house. Ever since the second day of school Lucas and Riley would come and pick me up every morning and drop me off after school.

"Thanks Huckleberry, see you tomorrow"

"Bye Maya"

"Bye Riles" I say opening the door,

"Bye Maya, have fun with Shawn"
"Thanks".

I hop out of the car and make my way towards the front door. I unlock the door and walk in, "Shawn" I yell closing the door behind me, I walk towards the living room and see him watching the TV, "Hey Shawn" he quickly turns around and smiles "Hey kiddo, I need to tell you something" I sit on the arm chair of the couch and raise my eyebrows for him to continue, "At around 8 o'clock I'm going on a date with Sophia, there is food in the fridge and yeah" he says making my eyes widen "B-but Shawn tonights the 17th" I say confused "We were supposed to stuff our faces with Tacos and watch endless movies" I add, he sigh and run his fingers through his hair "Oh" he trails off "Look I completely forgot, how about we forget the whole 17th thing-" "Forget!" I yell "Shawn what happened to spending time together and cherishing every single second we have left of being together?!" I yell starting to get mad, "Maya calm down it's not a big deal" and that's where I broke "NOT A BIG DEAL! MAYBE FOR YOU IT ISN'T BUT FOR MOM AND I IT WAS, IF YOU JUST WANT TO GET LAID WITH THAT SOPHIA GIRL GO AHEAD BUT DON'T COME TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN" I yell running to the back door and running to the woods leaving Shawn shocked and probably mad.

I've stopped running ages ago, now I'm just walking to I don't even know where. The sun is almost down and I should probably head back home but I don't want to. I know I slightly over reacted but I was looking forward to spending time with Shawn and when he choose Sophia over me it hurt. I know he's just trying to move on but he could've checked the date before. Suddenly I hear a Growl. I quickly stop in my tracks and freeze, what was that? I slowly scan around trying to figure out where that growl came from, but the only thing I can make out is the trees, it's too dark to see anything else. Another growl. There it is again, my heart rate starts to speed up and so does my breathing. It's probably a wolf. Suddenly I hear a twig snap behind me, I turn around and see a pair of golden eyes staring at me. They slowly come closer and that's when I see the body of the wolf. I've seen a wolf before and it was a lot smaller than the one in front of me. This one is probably higher than my waist. The wolf is a shade of dark brown red color. As it was getting closer I took some small steps back but I noticed another wolf, it had the same golden eyes but the fur was a light grey.

Great this is just great, this shouldn't be happenning I should be at home with Shawn eating Tacos and watching movies. God I really want some Tacos right now. For someone who is being surrounded by two giant wolves I'm more calm than I expected.

I watch the wolves as they surround me walking in circles getting closer by each step. Suddenly I'm knocked on the floor with a giant paw on my shoulder holding me down, I scream and try to wiggle out of it's grip even though I know it's useless. I keep screaming at the wolf growling on top of me, my fingers touch a rock and with all my strength I reach for it. Once I grab it I hit the wolf head making it whimper. He takes a few steps back shaking his head, I take the time to get up and move but I'm knocked on the floor again by the other one. He holds me down and snaps his long sharp teeth at me. One thing crossed my mind as he was doing that how come I'm not dead yet, I mean I'm glad I'm not but they could've killed me ages ago, all they've been doing is holding me down, for what? I don't know.

The brown wolf approches me again clearly mad, the grey wolf growls at the brown one probably communicating. The brown one growls and swings his paw towards my arm scratching  it with his claws. I scream louder tears running down my face from the pain and fear.

Out of nowhere another wolf appears, this wolf is all black and slightly bigger than the other two. He growls and snaps his teeth towards the other two. The brown one attacks the black one and suddenly there's a wolf fight, I can barely see what's going on because of the grey wolf holding me down. All I can here is a bunch of growls and whimpers.

After a loud whimper the grey one let's me go and goes help the brown one who's clearly losing the fight. I quickly stand up and watch the three wolves, the brown and grey wolf are on top of the black one. In that moment I can do two things, I can run or I can help the black wolf. Now I know you must thing that I'm crazy helping a wolf but something inside of me is wanting to help him.

I quickly grab a bunch of rocks and start throwing them at the wolves. Before I know it I get pushed against a tree knocking my head in the process. Everything goes blurry. I see the brown and grey wolf run in the other direction whilst the black one comes towards me. He lies down and crawls towards me whinning, he has gorgeous blue eyes. "Maya" my eyes quickly widen, that voice only belongs to one person and I would recognize it anywhere I go. Josh. Everything fades away and goes dark.

_______________________
Yay! We're finally getting some wolf action!

Let me know what you think.
Please vote and leave a comment, Love you.

-Mel❤