Chapter 11: Imprinting

Maya's Pov
"Shawn's going to be mad if he figures out that I missed school today" I say looking at Josh. He took me to this cute cafe to eat some breakfast and we've been here for about an hour talking and eating. "I'm sure he'll let this one slide" Josh assures me. Ding. Josh looks down at his phone, "It's Riley" he says looking back up at me "She's asking if you're okay and if we're going back to my place"

"We can go"

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod.

We leave the cafe and walk back to Josh's house. It was only a five minute walk. We walk through the front door of the house and I'm immediately pulled into someone's arms. I wince at the sudden pain I got from my arm and hear someone growl, "Riley careful her arm!" Josh growls again making Riley let go of me, "I'm so sorry" she says looking at me,

"It's fine" I shrug

"Josh" I hear a manly voice say, I look up and see Allen. Riley immediately bows her head and excuses herself "I'll see you in a bit" she says smiling at me "See you" I say watching her leave. "Allen" Josh says stepping in front of me "What happened?" Allen asks stepping down the stairs "She got attacked by rogues" Josh says "Dammit Josh!" Allen says angrily taking me by surprise, Josh pushes me behind him and growls. "Josh you know I won't hurt her" Allen breathes out "Maya are you okay?" Josh looks back at me and I nod "I'm okay"

"I'm sorry you had to go through that" Allen says,

"Is her arm okay?" He asks looking at Josh,

"Yeah she just got a scratch, nothing big"

"Josh!" Lucas shouts running down the stairs with the other five boys. They immediately stop when they see Allen, they bow there head and smile when they see me, "Maya" Axton says taking a step towards me, he was about to take my hand and kiss it like last time but Josh pushes me behind him and growls. Jesus Josh is being over protective not that I mind it's cute to be honest. Axton looks at Josh confused "Mine" Josh says sternly, "Boys" Allen says catching their attention "Josh imprinted on her" Allen says making me confused "Maya why don't you go to Riley's room I'll come get you after" Josh says looking at me, "Okay" he quickly kisses my cheek and I make my way to Riley's room.

I knock on her door and she opens it a few seconds later. "Maya" she smiles and moves away from her doorway letting me in. I sit on her bed and look at her, "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, she sits on her desk chair and looks at me confused "Didn't tell you what?"

"Werewolf" I say making her sigh,

"We're not allowed to. I would've told you, I'm sorry" she says looking down,

"Riles it's okay, I repect that"

"Thank you" she smiles,

"Why am I allowed to know now?"

"He didn't tell you did he?"

"Tell me what?"

"Off course he didn't"

"Riles what?" I ask frustrated,

"He imprinted on you" I look at her confused,

"He what?"

She was about to answer when her door opened, Riley's Aunt walked in with a big smile on her face "Maya" she breathes out, I smile and look at Riley, she shrugs not knowing what's happening. "Riley did Josh really imprint on her?" She asks turning to look at Riley "Yes Aunt Asena" "Oh my goodness" she pulls me in for a hug taking me by surprise. "Can someone please tell me what imprinting means?" I ask when she let's go of me, "He didn't tell you?" I shake my head "This boy" she says making me laugh. She sits down next to me and turns to look at me "Us wolves need to have a soulmate, a mate" she starts to explain "Imprinting is when the male looks into your eyes and everything else disappears except him, it's like" "A trance" I finish her sentence making her nod "Yes like a trance. He doesn't choose who he imprints on, it could've been anyone, but he imprinted on you"

"So I'm his soulmate?" I ask trying to understand,

"Yes"

"Why wouldn't he tell me?" I ask confused

"He's probably too nervous on your reaction it's rare for werewolves to imprint on humans" Riley says,

"Maya I was a human like you, I met Josh's father when I was seventeen. He imprinted on me and I had to learn and understand a lot of things. I had to witness things that I never thought I would, but it didn't matter because I had George, Josh' father. When he turned eighteen I accepted him because I loved him and on my eighteenth birthday I begged him to turn me. I just think that Josh is worried with this whole situation" Asena explains,

"So now what?" I ask,

"That is for you to ask him" Asena says standing up "I'm glad it was you" she says before leaving.

I look at Riley and she has the biggest smile on her face, "Why are you smiling?" I ask "Because I don't have a huge secret to hide from you" I smile "So how do you feel about us being werewolves and all?" She asks "I don't know, it's pretty cool" I shrug "Wow, I was expecting more but okay" Riley says making me laugh.

There's a knock on the door and Riley and I stop laughing, the door opens and Josh comes in "Hey Josh" Riley says "Hey Riley" Josh looks at me and smiles "Maya" I stand up from Riley's bed and walk in front of him "Josh" I say "Can I take you to my room? I have a lot of explaining to do" he says scratching the back of his neck, I nod "Yes you can and yes you do. See you later Riley" Riley waves at me and I follow Josh to his room.

Once we got there he took me to his balcony, we sat on his sofa and enjoyed the view. "So you imprinted on me?" I ask smirking, he nods and looks down scared "Josh" I cup his face and gently lift it up "Why are you hiding?" He looks at me and then back down,

"I just don't want you to get to overwhelmed with the whole werewolf thing and me imprinting on you"

"Why would I be overwhelmed?"

"My parents are the Alpha's and on my eighteenth birthday it's going to be passed down to me. That means if you accept me you will rule with me"

"What do you mean if I accept you?"

"We get to find our soulmate at a young age because we get to know them better and see if we want to be with them. On the male's eighteenth birthday the female will decide if she wants to stay with him or not. You can reject me or accept me"

"Okay"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to imprint on you" Josh says looking down again. I cup his face once more and lift it up so he can look at me "Don't ever be sorry about imprinting on me" I rest my forehead against his and close my eyes. He gently moves and kisses my cheek before burying his face in the crock of my neck "You smell so nice" he whispers against my skin making shivers run down my spin. He pulls me closer to him and holds me.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
"Wait say that again" I tell Riley. We just finished dinner and I decided to stay a little longer. We're in Riley's room and she's trying to explain what Josh might do since he imprinted on me. "Everything about you will draw him in, especially your scent, our sense of smell is very strong. If you ever need to calm him down hug him, he'll immediately bury his face in the crock of your neck, that's where your scent is the strongest" I nod and gesture her to continue "He'll always be over protective around everything" I laugh and Riley raises her eyebrows "You think it's funny? Wait for it, it'll get annoying as hell after a while" Riley chuckles "He's especially going to get over protective if you're around other males. I suggest you stay away from them" I nod "Got it".

__________________________
-Mel❤