Chapter 25: No Maya

Josh's Pov
I'm lying on my bed thinking about how the hell I'm going to sleep without Maya. I miss her already, I want to be with her, I want to hear her voice, hear her giggle because admittedly it is the cutest thing ever. Run my fingers through her beautiful soft, long blonde hair. Kiss her. Ugh I have to stop thinking about her! But how can I? She's mesmerising, especially with her gorgeous ocean blue eyes that-

"Josh" my step-dad asks interrupting me from my thoughts,

"Yes"

He enters my room and I sit up as he takes a seat on one of my chairs. "How are you holding up?" He asks with a slight smile, whilst I was having trouble keeping myself calm without Maya, my parents thought this was hilarious.

"Okay" I shrug, though in reality I was ready to run to her house.

"That's good" He smiles "Is it okay if we talk about her?" He carefully asks as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion "I guess".

He sighs and I know that this isn't going to be an easy conversation. "This summer is when you are going to take over and be the new Alpha" he starts making me nod "Yes but what does that have to do with Maya?" I ask confused "I didn't finish" he says matter of factly making me roll my eyes.

"You do know that when you take over you need your mate to be by your side, an Alpha can only properly rule with his female"

"Yes, I know" I start "but-" I get cut off,

"I know you imprinted on Maya, so she is your soulmate but-"

I growl at my step-dad what was he going to say? That my mate did not deserve the title of an Alpha female? Was she not worthy?

"Do not growl at me" he warns carefully, "We need to make sure that she is going to accept you son, and if she is we need to make sure that she is going to be ready to rule, to lead by your side".

I know what he is afraid of, that Maya won't accept me, that this is a human fling and she'll leave me, that's why it's risky to date humans, our hearts are very fragile, but Maya won't leave me.

"I understand your point, but trust me, she will be ready when the time comes" I inform making him smile.

"Good" he nods "You two make a great strong couple" he adds making me smile.

"Thank you"

"My pleasure now try and get some sleep" I nod and watch him walk out of my room. Once my door is shut, I turn of my light and snuggle under the cover trying to fall asleep.

It's 3 am and I can't sleep, I keep tossing and turning around in my bed not being able to fall asleep. My mind just keeps on wondering about Maya and how's she doing and how much I miss her and want her here with me.

"Ugh" I groan getting up from my bed and wandering over to my closet, I open it and pull out Maya's bag. She decided to leave one here in case she decided to randomly sleepover so she didn't have to go back to her house and get her stuff.

I open it and pull out one of her shirts. I bury my face in it and immediately smell Maya's scent. Oh how much I missed it.

I walk back to my bed and place my pillows down my side so it feels like someone is lying next to me and snuggle Maya's shirt. I smile to myself as I finally feel relaxed and content smelling her scent.

The sound of girls giggling wakes me up, I slowly open my eyes and find my mom, Topanga and Riley all smiling at me. "Good morning" they all say as I bury my head deeper in my pillows.

"I see you found a way to sleep without Maya" Riley says making me finally sit up to face them all,

"Not bad" my mom says making me furrow my eyebrows "Your dad needed more than a shirt though, a shirt never satisfied him" she smiles making a smile of my own to form.

"It makes me feel better that dad went through this" I admit making my mom chuckle.

"You better get ready or you'll be late for school" Riley says before leaving my room with Topanga.

"It would be easier if he was here" I admit making my mom sigh "I know honey" she says sitting down next to me and talking my hand "I miss him so much, but you remind me of him a lot, especially because your struggling with your mate since she's human" she says making me chuckle "Thanks mom, I don't know what I would've done if I lost you as well" I admit making her shake her head "Don't think about that, you didn't lose me" she says pulling me in for a hug "I love you my little Josh" she says stroking my hair "I love you too mom" I kiss her cheek and she takes a deep breath pulling away "Okay go get ready" she says trying not to cry making me chuckle.

It's ridiculous but more than ten hours without my mate is going to be quite the challenge. I'm running in school trying to get to her locker as fast as I can without using werewolf speed. I can hear her heartbeat and although that calms me down a lot, I need to see her face.

I turn around the corner and see her, oh dear goddess how much I missed her. She's wearing a pair of black high waisted jeans, that made her ass look better than ever, a white crop top and a jean jacket. She looked amazing. Her hair fell perfectly in small waves making me want to run my fingers through it. Oh and her smile, she's giggling at something that Riley showed her, just seeing her smile made a smile pull at my lips. I adore her.

After just looking at her I finally go up to her and pull her in my arms taking her by surprise. I bury my face in the crook of her neck and inhale deeply making me relax instantly. "Josh" she giggles trying to pull me back slightly so she could look at me "I missed you way too much" I admit pulling back and cupping her face "I can't stay away from you" I say before leaning down and kissing her. Oh her lips, let's not talk about those or else I'll go crazy. "Did you sleep?" She asks once we pull away "Yeah snuggled to your shirt" Riley chuckles making me glare at her.

Maya giggles and cups my face "At least you got some sleep" she says before crashing her lips back on mine. "Hey okay enough kissing" Riley says making us pull away "My dear cousin, I haven't seen my mate for more than ten hours I deserve this, next time I'll seperate you from Lucas" I threaten making her eyes widen "Carry on" she says walking away making me smile.

___________________________
There you go! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did please comment down your opinion, please vote,

Or...

Do whatever makes you happy😊

-Mel❤