Chapter 22: Deal

Maya's Pov
I look up and notice Josh is still asleep, poor guy he seemed extremely tired. After our conversation we just stayed in each others arms enjoying each others presence and Josh fell asleep. If I have to be honest Josh not being able to sleep without me is probably the cutest thing ever, but unfortunately I won't be able to always be at his side, and that is something we are probably going to struggle with. I have become so used to having Josh by my side that it feels like something is missing when he isn't with me. I slowly pull my phone out of my pocket and decide to ask my dad if I can spend the night at Riley's.

Me: Hey dad is it okay if I spend the night at Riley's today? We have a huge project to finish for tomorrow.

Even though it was a tiny lie, it wouldn't hurt anyone. I send the message and put my phone on the coffee table. Ding. I groan and pick up my phone seeing that my dad already answered.

DAD: Sure kiddo, have fun! But don't stay up too late.

I smile and put my phone on the coffee table once more before snuggling against Josh and drifting off to sleep.

Josh's Pov

After last night I really needed Maya and this nap. I know that a werewolf becomes attached to its soulmate but I never knew it would be this bad. My want for her rapidly increased when she wasn't there and it became unbearable that I even had a fight with my step-dad. Off course at the end I lost and had to have this huge lecture about controlling myself, but when it comes to Maya nothing can stop me.

My eyes slowly flutter open and I find Maya on top of me, still peacefully sleeping. I smile to myself when I find our intertwined fingers, it was unbelievable how much I loved her and it has been less than a month since I met her. I slowly move a strand away from her face and tuck it behind her ear making her take a deep breath and her eyes flutter open, revealing those beautiful bright blue orbs that I love so much.

"Hi" she smiles whilst slowly stretching, "Hey" I say chuckling, "My dad says I can sleep at yours tonight" she says making my eyes widen "Really?" I ask hopefully "Mhm" she hums making a smile pull at my lips.

"What time is it?" I ask glancing around the room, "Um" she trails off reaching for her phone on the coffee table, "It's two" she says glancing back at me. "Should we go back to the pack house to get some lunch?" I suggest making her nod "Sure".

We walk back to the pack house and before we make it past the front door my step-dad stops us. "Josh" he says making me close my eyes, dreading the conversation that was about to take place, because here I was back home instead of being at school, and I even brought a girl, my mate specifically. "What are you doing here don't you have school?" He asks crossing his arms over his chest "Don't the both of you have school?" He asks glancing at Maya.

"Um, she wasn't feeling well so I thought I'd bring her here, is that okay?" I ask. He looks at the both of us and sighs "I guess, but this is the last time, I don't think Maya's dad would be so happy knowing his daughter isn't in school" he says making me nod "Yes" I say walking towards the dinning room "Thank you Mr.Anthony" Maya says over her shoulder.

We enter the dinning room and everybody else is there having their lunch. "We can get a plate and eat outside it'll be more peaceful" I suggest making her nod and smile.

We each grab a plate and pile it with food. "Maya?" A voice asks making me turn around. Sophia was standing behind us with a questioning look. How did she know who my mate was?

"Sophia" Maya says her eyes widening and her heart beat pick up spead. "What are you doing here aren't you suppose to be in school?" She asks my mate "I am, I just wasn't feeling well" she says. This time I decide to step in because I don't like being confused.

"Sophia" I politely say as she bows her head respectfully "Josh" she says looking back up "I'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you" she apologises making me shake my head "No worries, but how do you know my mate?" I ask making both Maya and Sophia's eyes widen.

What was wrong with them? Did I say something I was not suppose to?

"Mate?" She asks making me nod "Yes" I confirm,

"I apologise I didn't know you had found your mate yet"

"Well I did, would you like to lunch with us so we can carry on this conversation?" She nods and the three of us walk to the patio.

"So how do you know my mate?" I ask taking a sip of my water waiting for her answer.

"Um" she hesitates,

"She's going out with my dad" Maya bluntly says making me choke on my water.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask, hoping I heard that wrong,

"She's my dad's girlfriend right? Is it official?" Maya asks glancing at Sophia who's cheeks are bright pink.

"Yes it is" she confirms with a smile,

"Congratulations then" Maya smiles,

"Congratulations to you too" Sophia says switching her gaze from Maya's to mine.

"Okay" I say dragging out the letters, "Does your father know about werewolves?" I ask watching both of the girls shake their heads, "No, I literally just found out Sophia was a werewolf this morning" she admits "Are you going to tell them about werewolves?" She asks looking back at Sophia "Not yet"

"Okay" Maya says eyeing Sophia wearily, "How comes?" She asks,

"I'm not sure if I can trust him yet, and it's complicated" she sighs,

"Your not sure if he's the one yet?" I guess making her slowly nod,

"Well" Maya quips, "You can take as long as you need to know if he's the one, but you do know he's a good man and an amazing father" She adds making Sophia nod,

"That I do know" she laughs blushing again,

"But could you please tell me if your going to tell him?" Maya pleads,

"Absolutely" Sophia nods "It's a deal" she smiles.

_______________________
There you go! Hope you enjoyed! Please vote! Leave a comment! Or...

Do whatever makes you happy!

-Mel ❤