Chapter 29: Final Decision

Maya's Pov
Seems like not a lot of people are liking the idea of us welcoming rogues into the pack, which leads us here, having a pack meeting.

We're having it outside in case someone decided to 'let some anger out', except this time they're going to have to face Allen.

Allen, Asena, are at the top of the stairs since they're the Alpha's and we're standing next to them since we're the future Alpha's, and behind us there's Esther and Benjamin.

"May I have your attention?" Allen asks, well practically demands making everyone become silent. "There's seems to be many of you, who are not pleased with my decision to let two rogues in this pack" he starts earning a few growls "If you growl at me once more I will make you challenge me and I will make sure you lose" he growls back "You must all learn your places and not judge my decisions" he continues "Whether it is to let two innocent children in this pack-"

"Innocent they're rogues!" One shouts.

Allen sighs and looks at the children behind us. "Benjamin, Esther come here please" they nod and slowly walk forwards holding hands.

"You want to be a part of this pack?" Allen asks kneeling down "Yes" Ben answers "Then present yourself to this pack, show them you are no threat, tell them your story" Allen encourages making a smile pull at my lips.

Ben nods and walks in front of Allen, with his sister next to him. "Stand tall" Josh whispers making them look back, he nods and turns back around facing the pack. He straightens himself and takes a deep breath before starting.

"My name is Benjamin Kester and this is my little sister Esther" he says motioning to his sister.

"We come from a pack in Denver, our parents decided to move and find another pack because they wanted to experience living somewhere new" as he talks I notice everyone listening closely, they deserve to hear his story. Never judge someone by its title.

"Whilst we were driving past here we got attacked by rogues, they murdered my parents" he looks down and takes a deep breath before continuing.

"They decided to take me and my sister, I was only nine and she was five. They thought they could train us into becoming one of them, but my sister and I were never good enough for them, one day they let us out for hunting and my sister and I decided to make a run for it" he finishes making everyone's face soften.

"Innocent" Allen says "That is what they are, innocent children who need a pack" he steps forward "I do not care if you do not agree with my choices but I am not going to throw children who can not take care of themselves into the woods to get captured by rogues again" he looks down at them and smiles "If after a month they have shown me where their loyalty lies, they will be welcome into this pack and that is my final decision" he says making Ben and Esther smile.

"You are all dismissed" he says making everyone go back to their daily life. If they are happy with this decision or not is not going to matter, what matters is making sure these two children get the proper education, shelter and love they once had.

"Hey" I bend down picking up Esther, she giggles and hugs me. She's been having trouble walking properly since she's quite underweight, and the event that happened this morning didn't help.

"We're having lunch right?" I ask turning around to face Josh, once his eyes land on me his face softens, "Yes" he answers walking towards me. "Hey Esther" he says rubbing her back "Hi" she slightly smiles. I don't know why but she isn't such a fan of Josh.

"Why are you scared of me?" He asks making her shrug as I chuckle.

"Come here" he takes her from me and you can immediately see she isn't comfortable.

"Is it because am the next Alpha?" He asks, she shrugs.

"Well then why don't you like me?" He asks tickling her making her giggle "Because I'm extremely nice" he says making me laugh "And very funny" he says, a huge smile pulling at his lips making Esther smile.

"Maya do you like me?" He asks making Esther look at me, I nod "Absolutely" I say "You're my favourite werewolf" I add.

"You see Maya likes me" he says looking back at Esther.

"I like you" she finally says making Josh's eyes wide making me laugh, "You do?" He asks clearly acting out how surprised he is.

She nods "Yeah" she hugs him making my heart melt. Josh smiles and rubs her back "Well I like you too" he says kissing her forehead.

I'm going crazy seeing Josh with Esther, he'd be such a great dad.

"Are you hungry?" He asks as she pulls away slightly "Mhm" she hums "Okay well let's go eat".

He takes my hand and we make our way to the dinning room.

_____________________________
Sorry for the short chapter but I thought it would be a good place to end this chapter. If you like it please vote and comment down below your thoughts,

Or...

Do whatever makes you happy.

-Mel❤