Chapter 42: Acting like a pup

Josh's Pov
Hearing Maya's fast heartbeat on the way to the office already tells me that she's in danger. I throw open the door of the office and find my parents with Esther and Ben.

"What's going on?" I growl tightening my grip on Maya's hand.

"Josh" my mom says calmly knowing that I'm a few seconds from thearing someone apart.

"Keep your wolf under control first" Allen says eyeing me down so I can submit.

I growl lowly and take a deep breath "What's going on?" I ask softly.

"The rogues are planning to take Maya" my dad says simply making me let out a loud growl.

"WHAT?" I yell pulling Maya against my chest, "She's MINE!" I growl tightening my grip on her "My mate" I add.

"Josh" Maya says softly cupping my face with her soft hands. She rubs her thumb comfortably against my skin and I instantly relax with her touch. "They're not going to get me, I'm yours" she assures "Calm down and listen to what they have to say, we need to stop the rogues from attaking" I nod and peck her cheek "Yes my Alpha female" I whisper and pull away to look at the others.

"Okay" Allen smiles "Now that we have Josh undercontrol, Ben tell him what you told me" the boy nods and turns his attention to me.

"I'm not sure how they found out when you found your mate but when they did, the leader wanted to know everything about her" he starts "He had the biggest smile when he found out she was human, he said something about you being exactly like your father" I growl lowly but stop when I feel Maya's lips on my hand.

"We weren't always there when they talked about your mate but when they did all I understood is that they wanted to steal her and kill her so you'd be weak and they'd be able to take the Alpha title" he finishes making me launch myself at him.

"JOSH!" Maya yells but I ignore her and grab Ben by his shirt. "You didn't think it was important to tell us about this before we welcomed you to this pack?!" I ask, anger building up inside of me.

"We-we" Ben stutters as my grip tightens "we didn't know it was about you" he argues "I thought it was about another pack in the North, they never said her name was Maya" he says trying to wiggle out of my grip "My sister is the one who heard them say it was Maya, she only told me today when she came to get me".

I growl and let him down as I turn my gaze to the little girl. "Josh" Maya warns as she pushes the girl behind her "Don't you dare" she says sternly.

I ignore her and take a step closer, my canines coming down. They put her in danger, they are not worthy of being in this pack, they'll pay for what they've done.
"My sister didn't know she's only nine!" Ben yells "She didn't do anything" he cries.

I take another step forwards meeting Maya head on. "Move" I growl. Her eyebrows furrow and she shakes her head "No, you don't get to talk to me like I'm a damn dog!" She yells taking a step closer to me "You need to calmn down" she says softly.

I shake my head "What are you just going to attack a nine year old girl?" She asks crossing her arms over her chest.

"Josh out" my head snaps in the direction of my step-father who's looks beyond dissapointed in me "I am not going to deal with you not being able to contain your wolf" he says "Your acting like a pup, now go outside and calm down".

I walk out of the office and slam the door shut. Sprinting outside and shifting into my wolf.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Maya's Pov
I did expect him to get mad but I never thought he'd get mad to the point where he'd want to hurt a nine year old girl. "It's okay Esther" I assure her as she cries against my chest "He's not going to hurt you" I say rubbing her back "It's not your fault".

She pulls away from me slightly and shakes her head "Yes it is" she says before running out of the office. "I got her" Ben says before rushing after her.

"Well this was quite a morning" Asena sighs.

"I'm going to go see Josh" Allen and Asena nod and I make my way to the backyward.

"Josh" I try standing in front of the trees where the forest starts. I figured he'd want to let some anger out. Although he is overreacting quite a lot in my opinion.

"Josh come back or I'm going back to my house and you won't see me for three days" I threaten knowing that he'd be devastated if I have to leave him.

I let a few minutes pass and he's still not back. I groan "Fine you asked for it, don't come and get me" I turn around and start walking back to the pack house.

"Wait" he finally says making me stop in my tracks. I turn around and after a few seconds I finally see his black wolf trotting towards me.

I cross my arms over my chest showing him that I'm still mad about his actions. He stops a few steps away from me and whimpers. His ears are pulled back and he doesn't dare look at me. He knows he is in the wrong. He gently lays down on the grass and continues to whimper.

"Stop" I say softly "You have a tendency to overreact with everything you hear" I admit. "I thought that since you were an Alpha, you would have better control over situations like this" I shake my head and sigh "But I was wrong, your still acting like a damn pup" I add hitting his ego straight on.

I turn around and walk away from him. He'd better start working on a prefect excuse to explain his actions.

__________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure you vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Make someone happy😄

-Mel❤