Chapter 52: Preperation

Josh's Pov
Tonight is the night Maya and I can finally be together in every single way possible. I had planned so much and had quite a lot of ideas for tonight, but they all got crushed when Riley told me Maya was a simpleton.

Truth is I might've gotten over the top but it's just because I want to make this a special night. I want to please my mate. I want this to be a night we'll never forget.

I also might've fought Riley a bit because she wanted to cancel everything I planned but after hearing her idea I was stunned. It was so simple yet it's better than whatever I had in mind.

"Maya" I whine making her giggle as she hides behind a table. Gosh I love her. Gosh I love playing chase with her. "Come mate, catch me" she smirks before running away again. I shake my head in amusement and run after her. Being the next Alpha you'd think that I'd have to act mature and all, but this pack has known me ever since I was born, I don't need to show them how mature and responsible I am. For them, they enjoy having a leader that can have fun, that isn't strict all the time, which is why I'm running after Maya.

"Maya" I shout after her causing her to laugh. Damn that girl gained some speed as well, truth is I could easily catch her, but she kept running in circles or hidding behind a table which made catching her a tad harder than expected. She runs outside and I smirk deciding to shift into my wolf.

Within a few seconds I'm on all four and I speed towards her. She looks behind her for a brief second but once she realises that I shifted her eyes widen and I grin, gently tackling her to the floor.

"Cheater" she says making me growl, she chuckles and shakes her head.

"Get off of me you bear" she says playfully making me sit in front of her with my ear placed back. Did she seriously call me a bear?

"Thank you" She smiles getting up and rubbing her butt to get the dirt off of her clothes.

I growl lowly and turn around making her face my back, I want to show her that I'm not happy with her insult. "Josh" she walks in front of me but I turn around again. She scoff and I smirk, until I hear her walk away, my ears shoot up and I turn around seeing her walk back to the pack house. I chase after her and stop in front of her. Her arms are crossed but she has a smirk on.

"Miss me grumpy butt" she says making me sit and growl. She rolls her eyes but walks towards me. "I'm messing with you Josh" She admits hugging me whilst running her fingers through my fur.

"Good because these names you're calling me are killing my reputation" I tease causing her to chuckles and rolls her eyes.

"Boo" Riley scream behind Maya making her jump around in fear. "Riley" Maya scolds placing her hand over her heart "Don't scare me like that" she warns as Riley laughs.

"Yeah, yeah" She waves off "It was funny, now put your canines back in place and let's go" she says taking a step back and pointing to the door.

"What?" Maya asks confused "Go where?" She questions turning her head to look at me.

"Go with Riley, it's a surprise"

She furrows her eyebrows but nods nonetheless. Riley shoots me a smile before she ushers Maya inside. Once the door closes I quickly run to the other door that leads to the basement. I shift back into my human form and quickly put on a pair of short that we always leave next to the door. I sprint back to my room and take a quick shower before changing into a pair of black pants and a white button up.

Once I'm dressed I run back downstairs where my mom is holding a bag of stuff I told her I needed. "Thank you" I breath out grabbing it before speeding back outside.

Here's the plan, the tree house is where everything will happen. First we'll eat a delicious dinner that Topanga made for us and we'll talk, and later on I'm hoping that I'll finally be able to get my way with her.

Once I make it there I start speed cleaning the place. I put the dinner in the oven to keep it warm and place the drinks in the fridge. I set up the table and rush to the bedroom where I place a few candles. I go against lighting them up and decide to do that later, not wanting to risk burning down the tree house.

I take a quick look around and decide that it looks good enough. I sprint back to the pack house and finish a few touch up on myself before my mom warns me that Maya is ready. I go back downstairs and wait in front of the stairs.

After a few seconds Riley descends with a huge smile plastered on her face. "She looks amazing" she gushes making a soft smile pull at my lips as I look at Riley. "Doesn't she always".

I look back up and all the air leaves out of my lungs. Maya is slowly coming down the stairs wearing a black dress. The top is lace and the bottom finishes just above her knees. Her hair fell in perfect waves and she's wearing practically no makeup, demonstrating her natural beauty.

When she reaches the bottom of the stairs she looks up at me and smiles. "Maya" I breath out shaking my head in amazement and at a loss of words. "You look" I trail off placing my hands on her hips. "Amazing, gorgeous, sexy as hell" I list out causing a soft giggle to fall from her lips.

"Thank you" She smiles "You look handsome" she compliments.

"You ready?" I ask she nods and I grab her hand intertwining our fingers together and leading her outside.

________________________________
The next chapter is going to be quite exciting!! But if you liked this chapter make sure you vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go check out ILoveReytonAndRucas I made her some book covers, and it would be great if you'd go and read her books.

-Mel❤