Chapter 49: Learning

Maya's Pov
This is not how this was suppose to go. I'm not mad or anything. I find it pretty cool that I now have a few more abilities, obviously not thinking about the part where I almost died.

I don't blame Josh. Not one single part of all this is his fault. Alphas carry lycanthropy in their bodies. Josh didn't mean to make this happen. Anyways he was suppose to imprint and mate with a werewolf not a human.

Well now I'm an kind off a human. I would say half half.

I keep stroking Josh's hair, letting him enjoy his sleep knowing I'm alive and well. I didn't really want to fall asleep, after being out for the past few days and knowing I could've not woken up, it made sleeping a tad harder than I expected.

Right now what I really want to do is just go outside and have a pic nic. I want to see the sun. Off course it's the start of January and there is still snow outside.

"Baby"

I hum and grip his hair tighter.

"How are you feeling?"

I smile at the fact he doesn't need to be in his wolf form to talk to me now. I also know he enjoys not actually using his mouth to talk to me now. Granted this was much easier and required a lot less effort.

"I'm good" I reply deciding to actually use my voice. I still find it a tad confusing and weird, knowing all the things I can do. Mr. Feeny suggested that I take a day off to learn what I can do, plus he wanted to make sure he knew all about my new possibilities. Hm I might do that today.

"Are you hungry?" He questions.

I nod but realise he still has his eyes closed. "Yeah" I reply making his eyes flutter open and reveal his sparkling dark blue eyes.

"Do you want to get breakfast?" He asks pulling me closer before pecking my cheek.

I smile at his raspy morning voice. Saying it was sexy would be an understatement.

"That would be nice" I admit smiling.

"We're going to have to take you to the small dinning room" I furrow my eyebrows and he sighs.

"The pack is worried about you, they will want to know how you are" he explains, "I don't think you want to deal with them now" he adds.

"Maybe after a breakfast and a shower" he nods and we both climb out of bed.

We quitely walk to the small dinning and right now I'm thankful we didn't run into anyone. We enter the room and two plates are already settled on the table.

We both sit down and I immediately dig in. I ate last night but I was still hungry.

"Hungry I see" I look up and see Asena smiling down at me. I take a sip of the orange juice which was in front of me and nod.

"Very" I breathe out taking another bite of my eggs. She chuckles and takes a seat in front of us.

"How are you feeling?" She asks making me shrug "Fine I guess" she smiles "That's good" I nod.

"The pack and your father are extremely worried about you" she admits making my eyes widen. My dad. Shit.

"My dad?" I ask.

"Sophia told your dad you got marked and when she explained what it was, he wasn't exactly thrilled, especially when he found out you were going to be passed out for a few days" she explains.

"He doesn't know I almost" I trail off feeling Josh stiffen by my side.

She gently shakes her head, "We specifically told her not to say anything until something happened" I nod. That was a very smart idea.