chapter 57: Gift

"Ahh" I close my eyes bitting my lips. "What's wrong son?" Allen asks immediately, getting up from his chair and running towards me.

"I don't know" I breathe out gripping the side of the hospital bed. "My head it feels like it's being stabbed" I explain through gritted teeth.

The sound of a door opens and Feeny rushes inside, whithing seconds he's already stabbing me with a needle. He furrows his eyebrows and grips my chin to make me look at him, when he notices that the needle isn't doing anything.

"What do you feel?" He asks, before quickly glancing at the screen. "The wolfspane isn't what's hurting you, what is?"

"He doesn't know, he said it's his head that hurts, it feels like he's being stabbed" Allen explains when I remain silent for a few seconds too long.

"Does it have to do with your mate?" He quickly asks but I shrug. "I don't know" I say frustratedly grabbing my head in between my hands. "But it hurts" I admit.

"Pain killers won't do anything" he says motioning to the needle he used to try and relieve me from the pain. "It has to do with your mate, link her" Feeny says but I shake my head.

"Hurts" I say curling up to a ball. "He's too concentrated on the pain, he won't be able to link her" Allen sighs. "We've got to act faster" he murmurs before rushing out of the room. "Hm" Feeny breathes out before rushing out of the room as well, leaving me alone and in pain.

Although I'm not left alone for long because Feeny is back in the room, flipping through some pages of an old book. The pain suddenly stops and I'm finally able to relax my muscles that were all tensed up from the pain. I take a deep breath and try and get myself together.

"Where is it?" Feeny keeps mumbling underneath his breath as he keep flipping the pages back and forth of his book.

"Do you think you know what happened to me?" I question making him glance back up at me. He sigh and scratches the top of his head, "The pain you felt has definitely nothing to do with the wolfspane, you barely have any left in your body and it wouldn't of affected you head like that, plus the injection I gave you should've immediately stopped any form of pain" he starts to explain, "which means it could've only been from your mate" he says making me growl as my heart sinks, she's hurt!

"Your father said it felt like you were being stabbed, is that correct?" I nod making him look back down at his book and continue flipping through the pages.

"The only way you could be felt this sort of pain from your mate would be if she actually has been stabbed" he admits making my eyes widen "But from the amount of time that lasted, I highly doubt she has been actually stabbed" he assures me making me let out a breath of relief.

"Maya, baby?" I call deciding to see if she's alright. She isn't dead, I would've known if she was.

"I've had a suspicion that your mate has a gift" he admits making my brows furrow, "They are quite rare but-ah" he smiles putting his finger down on the page as he quickly read to himself.

"Y-yeah" she answers making my heart skip a beat.

"Are you okay baby, I felt a strong pain in my head, please tell me they didn't touch you"

"Pain the head of a mate" he reads "You're mate can probably be able to see your past and future" he smiles looking up at me as I try and process this information.

"How?" I ask but he shrugs "I'm not sure, I have never witness such a gift, these are the rarest. I'm assuming it has to do with some personal connection or trigger".

"Baby why aren't you answering me?"

"Ask her and see what she informs you, I'll be right back" he bows and ushers out of the room.

"I wanna go home" she cries making my heart shatter. "He-he touched me Josh, I-I can't stay here anymore" tears fill my eyes as I bite my lip, I can't and won't let her stay another damn day in that hell. 

"We'll get you out, Allen thinks he knows where they are keeping you, but quickly answer me this did you somehow see something? Like my past or future?"

"Ho- How did you know?" My eyes widen, Feeny was right. "The pain I felt, that was you seeing a part of my life. Sweetheart what did you see? Maybe it can help us get you out of there"

"It was when your father died, you were blaming a little boy called Ryan. Josh he's the one who kidnapped me"

One of the loudest roar I've ever let out causes, my mom, Allen, Feeny the nurse and all the guys to run inside my room where I'm ripping all the needles from my body.

"Baby boy what's happening?" My mom asks rushing to my side, trying to get a hold of me as the rest watches me carefully. I growl ripping the last needle before trying to make my way out of the room.

"Josh!" I quickly turn and face Allen "What is happening?" He demands motioning to the guys to block the exist. I laugh to myself as I realise he thinks these guys can keep me from getting to Maya.

"I know where she is" I admit as his brows furrow "How?" He asks crossing his arms across his chest. "She told me Ryan is the one who kidnapped her, I know where he is keeping her".

"Ryan?" He questions as my mom's eyes widen "I need to go get her" I say turning around but my mom stops me. "How are you sure he us the one keeping her?" My mom asks "Maya couldn't possibly know about him" I nod "She saw him" I say looking at Feeny as his eyes and smile widen. "I was right?" I nod in agreement "It appears you were".

"Right about what?" Allen and my mom asks in union. "Maya has a gift, she can see Josh's past and future" Feeny explains causing everyone to let out a gasp.

"Yes this is all amazing but Allen we need to get her out, they touched her!" He nods and before I know it we have a plan.

~🐾~

The sound of the door opening send my heart into a race, but Jaxton' s face makes it calm down. "I brought you some dinner" he says closing the door behind him before kneeling down in front of me, holding the bowl out for me to take.

"Try it, it's good" he assures me, I look down at the bowl and see rice with cinnamon. My face soften at the thought of eating it, my mom used to make that dish almost every week. It was my favourite. I haven't had it in ages.

"Ryan wanted you to only have plain rice, but I asked the cook to switch it up a little" he admits with a soft smile. "Please eat it, if he finds out I gave you something else he'll have my head" I slowly nod and take the bowl of of his hands, he slowly passes me a spoon, and I gently dig in, before I know it I'm rapidly devouring the whole bowl.

"Slow down, we don't want you to throw up again" he says pulling the bowl a but further from me.

I look up at him about to growl, when Josh's voice enter my mind.

"We're getting you tonight baby girl. I know where you are"

Josh informs me making the biggest smile appear on my face. "They found you" Jaxton says reading my facial express, my face falls and I vigoursly shake my head. "No" I say softly but he chuckles.

"I won't say a word" he admits "I'll help you get out of here" he adds before standing up. "I'll be grading your door"he winks before closing the door and leaving me alone.

_________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go listen to PARISSSS!!!

-Mel❤