Chapter 53: Becoming one

Maya's Pov
When Josh said he'd take me out I expected him to take me out to a restaurant or I don't know the movies, not a walk in the dark forest. Walking out here in heels is a pain, but I'm doing my best to keep my wall up so Josh doesn't find out that I'm currently not really enjoying myself.

"Where are we going?" I ask looking up at him. "We're almost there baby" he assures me. I sigh and continue walking forwards.

"Maya" I hum not bothering to look up at him. "What's going on?" He asks stopping in his track. He takes my hand and turns me around to face him, "Gorgeous, tell me what's on your mind?" He insist as I glance up at him "You know since you won't le me in your mind" he adds.

I sigh and shake me head "It's nothing" I say turning around to keep walking but he grabs my arm and stops me "Maya" he whines "Baby talk to me" he pleads, looking into my eyes with his beautiful sparkling blue eyes.

I sigh and give in, dropping my wall down so he can understand what I'm feeling. His brows furrow and I bite my lip. "Maya" he starts stepping closer to me and closing the distance between us.

"You haven't even seen where I'm taking you yet" he chuckles "Look" he says suddenly picking me up causing me to let out a small scream.

"Josh" I gasp as I wrap my arms around him. "I'm going to wolf speed to our destination" he smirks "Why didn't you tell me your feet were hurting?" He questions making me shrug "I didn't really want to ruin the night" I admit but he shakes his head.

"Babe if you're feet are hurting tell me, I don't want you to suffer" he argues as I look down. "Maya" he groans lifting my chin "Don't do that" he pleads "I hate when you do that, it makes me feel like I hurt you" he explains.

"Sorry" I whisper tighten my grip around him. "You ready to go?" I nod and within less than 5 seconds we're at the tree house making my brows furrow. Is this what he had planned to go to the tree house?

He moves me to his back and climbs up the ladder. Once he's up he puts me down and smiles. He opens the door, allowing me to step in first, but I'm shocked in place as my eyes see what he's done inside.

He cleaned the small space and there are fairy light scattered around and roses. The tiny kitchen table had a white cloth over it, and the table is already set. It looked absolutely adorable. I turn my head to look at him with a wide smile pulling at my lips.

"So?" He asks rocking on his heels with his hands on his back as he waits patiently for my answer. Instead of answering him with words, I cup his face and crash my lips onto his. He's taken aback at first but after a few seconds he kisses me back, his lips moving in perfect sync against mine.

"It's perfect" I breathe out once we pull away. "I'm sorry" I whisper before pulling him in for a hug. I thought this night was just going to be a walk around the forest. I underestimated my mate and now I felt incredibly bad. He had planned such a romantic night and here I was complaining.

"Lets go inside" He takes my hand and leads me inside before closing the door behind us.

"This is amazing" I breathe out as I look up at him. "It was Riley's idea" he admits making my eyes widen "Riley knows about the tree house?" He shakes his head "No" he assures me pulling me against him "She gave me a few ideas, and at the end I came up with this" he explains "A night with my mate, alone, no distraction" he smirks causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Are you hungry?" I nod and he smiles "Good" he takes my hand and leads me to the small table.

"Let's get this night started"

~🐾~

"Josh" I giggle against his lips as we crash yet onto another wall. Dinner was incredible. We ate my favourite meal and Josh was being an absolute gentlemen. It couldn't have been better.