chapter 63: EPILOGUE

A few months later

"Look at those bright blue eyes" Josh murmurs as he looks down at the little baby in my arms, absolutely mesmerized. "I don't think I've ever seen such blue eyes" he confesses "They look like the sky" he adds. "She's absolutely gorgeous" he admits making me smile.

That's right, Josh and I just had a little girl. We found out about a month and a half ago that we were expecting a girl causing Josh to be overly excited for the past few month.

"She looks exactly like you" he says as I gently caress her soft cheek. "She has your eyes, lips" he starts to list "I think she has your nose though" I add glancing up at Josh.

"You think?" I look back down at my perfect little girl and shrug "It looks like it".

"What are we going to name her?" He question. "I mean I know we picked out Aerlyn, but" he sigh "It doesn't feel right" he admit "She doesn't look like an Aerlyn".

"How about Skyela?" I suggest locking my blue eyes with hers. "Skyela" Josh murmurs testing out the name. "It's perfect" he smiles kissing my temple "You're both perfect".

A soft knock on the door interrupts us from our little moment causing Josh and I to look up. Feeny enters with a soft smile, "Have you picked out a name yet?" He questions, I nod and glance back down at my precious daughter.

"Skyela Reign Matthews" I say before glancing at Josh with a smile. "It's beautiful" Feeny compliment, "I'll go write her birth certificate and leave the both of you" he bows and leaves the room leaving the three of us alone.

Skyela yawns and my heart swells at how cute she is. Even though Josh said she looked like me, I feel like she had the perfect combination of the both of us. "Maya" Josh says softly interrupting me from my thoughts, I look up at him and find him with tears in his eyes.

"Baby" I say worriedly lifting my hand placing it on his cheek. "What's wrong?" He shakes his head placing his hand over mine. "You mean everything to me, you've completed me in so many ways and now Sky" he sighs quickly wipping a tear. "You have no idea how much I love you. I feel like my heart is going to explode with so much love" he explains making me chuckle.

"I love you too Baby" I say leaning up to press my lips against his for a soft kiss. "Do you want to hold her?" I question looking back down at Sky. "Yeah" he agrees. I slowly pass her to him and watch how gentle he is with her.

Another knock is heard and even though I know they want to see Skyela, I just want a few hours alone with Josh and my daughter. The door opens with Asena popping her head inside the room, "Is it okay if we come in?" She asks politely, I nod "Of course". She opens the door wider letting herself in as Riley and Topanga follow with pink balloons, teddies and wrapped presents.

"Congratulations" They all smile gently dropping their gifts on the side of the table. "Thank you" I breathe out running my fingers through my hair, getting annoyed at how tangled it is. "You didn't have to get me all this" I admit motioning to all the presents. "Non sense" Asena argues "My granddaughter deserves even more" she smiles "Speaking of my granddaughter" she adds clasping her hands together "May I see her?" She asks hopefully.

Josh nods making his mother walk next to him and once her eyes land on my daughter her breath hitches in her throat. "Oh my goodness" she breathes out as tears fill her eyes, "Isn't she perfect mom ?" He questions glancing at her mom.