Chapter 46: How to start off a new year

Josh's Pov
The next few days passed by quite quickly. Nothing exciting happen other than the fact that I finally told Maya about the messenger.

I got quite an earful for keeping that information from her. I don't regret it if that's what you think. She became stressed and worried which exactly proved my point to Lucas, Riley and my parents who were unhappy with my devision to keep it from her.

Luckily she calmed down once she finally realised that there was absolutely no way she'd leave my side, and that we had a bunch of security wolves on patrol around the pack house.

We had them before, but we weren't exactly in a situation were we needed them. Until the sudden want some rogues have over my mate.

Maya's also became quite clingy because of that. Wherever I was there she was. Even during my training, her and Riley would stay close and have their girl chat. When my mom asked her to come to the office to discuss some iniation planning, it took me almost twenty minutes to convince her that she'd be fine if I wasn't with her for a few minutes.

It's now New Year's eve and Maya is currently trying dresses for the initiation. Her birthday is on the sixteenth which means we have about 2 weeks to have everything under control and going as planned.

"Turn sweetheart" my mother says making me look up from my paper work. For Maya's sake I decided to work where she was trying on her dresses. Except I'm not alowed to see her in the dress for the iniation so I'm facing a wall.

"Oh my it's beautiful" I hear my mom gush making me sigh. I bet she did look beautiful. Maya is something else when it comes to her beauty. She was perfect in every single way possible. Not one single flaw.

"Do you like it?" She asks, I really want to turn around. "I do" I hear Maya answer probably nodding her head. "It fits perfectly on you" my mom gushes making Maya giggle.

"Thank you" I smile listening to my happy mate. "I think this is the one" she admits.

"Oh yes dear" my mom agrees "Josh is going to love it" she says making me chuckle.

"Mom you do realise that I am here right?" I ask "Off course honey, I'm just saying the truth, if you were to turn around you'd be in shock by how stunning your mate looks" I nod my head "It wouldn't surprise me mother, Maya is always stunning" I admit knowing Maya is blushing and glacing down at the ground.

"Thank you" Maya says before I feel her lips against my cheek. I immediately close my eyes knowing I'd be in trouble if I saw any piece of her dress.

"It's okay" she whispers "I changed" I open my eyes and turn around facing Maya who's wearing her black legging and my sweatshirt.

"Okay the both of you get changed. It's already 10 and we're suppose to have dinner before ringing in the new year" my mom informs ushering us out of the room, "be quick we're late" she adds.

Maya and I head off to my room and I quickly get changed in a simple white button up shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans.

Maya goes for a red dress that clings onto her body which is currently driving me nuts. She slips into a pair of black high heels and runs a brush through her hair before letting me add some braids.

~ 🐾~

Maya's Pov

10 more minutes left. We're all gathered at the basement which they turned into a cute party zone. They put up banners, ballons and fairy lights around the walls. Music was blasting off the speakers and everyone was enjoying themselves. Whether they were dancing, playing games or even stuffing their faces with candy on the snack table, they all had smiles on their faces.