Chapter 27: I hate rogues

Maya's Pov
After Josh was done interrogating Esther he took her to the office and I took time to quickly send my dad a text.

Me: Hey dad, I'm going to spend the night at Riles. Love you <3

Once it sent, I pocket my phone and walk to the office. I'm quite glad Allen and Asena want me present in these kind of situation, if I am going to be the future Alpha female, no pressure by the way, I need to learn a lot about how they deal with these kind of things.

I enter the room and bow my head to show my respect, I see Josh sitting on the couch on the side and I decide to join him. Off course he makes me sit on his lap, not that I mind.

"They're parents have been killed by the rogues" he whispers making me look at him "How do you know?" I ask "The boy told us" He says making me look at the boy. He's holding his sister's shaking hand, poor kids, going through so much at such a young age.

"We cannot just let you go, you two are just children and seeing as you cannot properly take care of yourself you are going to have to stay here" Allen says making them nod "but, if you are going to cause my pack any problems, I'll have to punish you and throw you out" again they both nod "And after a month, if you want you can join our pack" he adds making the boy sit up "Really?" He asks hopefully "It depends if you really show us you both want to be a part of the pack" he smiles "We really do, thank you so much, we owe you a lot" the boy says "Our pleasure" Allen smiles and looks at Josh and I.

"If you have any questions or problems please ask the future Alpha and his female" he says making the kids turn around to look at us "Maya" the girl smiles making me smile and wave.

The kids aren't allowed to leave the pack house without permission or supervision. They're not allowed to shift as well. The rules are kind off strict but it's for pack safety and the kid's safety, so I guess it's fair.

It's now dinner and I'm quite relieved to get some food, but after the meeting Esther has been quite attached to me, so wherever I go she's always next to me. "I'll get you some food" Josh says as I sit at the dinning table "Thanks" I smile. I turn to my right and find Esther sitting next to me, "Esther I don't think you're allowed to sit here, why don't you go sit with your brother?" I ask but she shakes her head "I don't want to sit with boys, please can I sit next to you, I won't bother you" she begs making me sigh "Alright" she smiles.

"Here Esther you better eat" her brother says handing her a plate, "Thanks Ben" he nods and walks back to his seat. Esther looks at her plate and then back at me "Come on sweety you have to eat, it's good" I say handing her her fork. She takes the smallest bite and her eyes widen "Is it good?" I ask and she immediately nods taking another bite, this time with more food on the fork.

"Here you go gorgeous" Josh says as he places a plate filled with rice and beef in front of me, "Esther-" he starts but I cut him off "I let her sit here" he looks at me and sigh "Just for today and then you're going to have to sit with the other girls" he says making her nod "Yes Alpha" she says.

"Thank you for my plate" I smile taking a bite of my rice "Anything for you" he says looking at me lovingly.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"I'm exhausted" I whine as I go under the covers later that night. Dinner lasted longer than usual and after that I had to get Esther to the infirmary because she's really weak and underweight and Asena wanted her to get a check up. That lasted for about more than half an hour but once that was done, I had to get her to her room and make sure she got some sleep. When she finally fell asleep I decided to go to Josh's room and take a shower.

Now here I am wearing Josh's shirt, snuggling against him, ready to fall asleep.

"I know you are sweety" he says kissing my forehead "I'm really proud of you though" he adds making me look up at him "Why?" I ask, he smiles and caresses my cheek "You took on the role of an Alpha female and handled it amazingly" he gushes making me giggle "Thanks" I smile "You even have Esther attached to you" he adds chuckling "Yeah" I sigh "What really happened to their parents?" I ask making him sigh, he pulls me closer to him and rubs my back as he starts to speak "They come from another city, their parents decided to move and as they were driving through here they got attacked by rogues. The parents died and the kids survived, the rogues decides to take them along as they were werewolves. Benjamin was only nine at that time" He explains "4 years ago" I say making him nod "That means Esther was 5" I realise "Yeah" Josh agrees kissing the top of my head.

It's heart breaking to know children can lose their families at such a young age and have to live a horrible life just because some rogues don't want to follow the law or because they hate their Alpha but aren't strong enough to overpower them.

"I hate rogues" I say making Josh chuckle "We all do" he agrees "Now get some sleep" I nod and snuggle closer to Josh as I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

____________________________
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did you know what to do. Vote or comment,

Or...

Do whatever puts a smile on your face😁

-Mel❤