Chapter 17: Pack campfire night

Maya's POV
"Come on" Riley whines dragging me to the pack house backyward on a Friday night. Once Josh and I got to the pack house I had made a deal with Riley to hang out with her tonight and spend the next day with Josh. "Where are you taking me?" I ask giggling, "You'll see now hurry up" She says walking faster.

Suddenly I see a campfire and a bunch of people from the pack house surrounding it. "wow" I breathe out and look back at Riley to see a big smile glued to her face. We walk closer and my eyes instantly lock with Josh's. "Go to him" Riley says catching my attention, I shake my head and smile "No, I promised to stay with you tonight" I say making her chuckle "Well I'm going to be with Lucas, so if you want to third wheel" she trails off making me roll my eyes "Bye" I say walking towards Josh hearing her chuckle.

As soon as I get to Josh he opens his arms and I gladly sit on his lap. "Hey gorgeous" he whispers making me smile, "Hi" I say looking at his dark blue eyes which were sparkling a lot brighter because of the fire. "What is all this?" I ask looking at everyone from the pack house. "My father will explain in a few-" he starts but get cut off by his father "Welcome" Alan starts his voice loud and clear for everyone to hear. "Thank you for coming, as tonight we are celebrating a little she-wolf" he continues glancing at Aspen who has a smile glued to her face.

That's when I remember that Aspen is going to be eight. She's getting her wolf. "Apsen please come here" He says extending his arms for the little girl to come join him. She stands up and walks towards him, stopping when Alan places her in front of him. "This little girl is getting her wolf tomorrow" he says making everyone cheer, I join them and see Apsen's smile grow wider.

Alan looks down at Aspen and smiles, "My name is Aspen, daughter of Teagan and Orrin Harshaw" she starts making everyone's face soften and Josh's grip on me tighten. Poor girl, I can't imagine how she had to deal with losing her parents at such a young age. "My heart is a wolf ruled by the Moon Goddess. May my heart be kind, my mind fierce, and my spirit brave." She starts and takes a deep breath before continuing, "I have wolf blood and wolf bones, therefore I am a wolf. I am the spirit of the wilderness. I am the shadow in the woods. Quietly I will endure, silently I will suffer, patiently I will wait, for I am a warrior and I will survive" she finishes "The Moon Goddess has blessed you and tomorrow you shall have your wolf" Allen says making everyone smile "To the moon Goddess" he says "To the moon Goddess!" Everyone cheers.

I look at Josh and see him smiling, he pulls me closer and kisses my cheek "Come on let's congratulate Aspen" he whispers making me nod and stand up. Once Josh is up I intertwine our fingers together and walk towards Aspen who was being congratulated by everyone.

As soon as Aspen sees me her smile widens and she runs towards my arms. I pick her up and she hugs me tightly. "Congratulations Aspen" I say making her let go of me and pull back slightly, "Thank you Maya" she smiles "Congrats Aspen" Josh says "Your parents would've been so proud of you" he says making Aspen look down. Dammit Josh just had to remind her of her parents. "I miss them" she murmur making my grip on her tighten. Josh gently lifts her head up and smiles "I know you do and I miss them too. You are going to be a very strong she-wolf" he says making her smile reappear. She nods and I slowly put her down, "Are you going to be there when I get her?" Aspen asks hopefully making me look at her slightly confused, "Off course we'll be there" Josh answers. Aspen hugs me once more before running off. "When will she get her wolf?" I ask turning to face him "During practise" he shrugs "It's gonna be a long painful day for her" he says making me furrow my eyebrows, Josh looks at me and chuckles "Maya learning to snap your bones and move them to the right places isn't very fun" he explains "Ouch" I say making Josh laugh. He hugs me and kisses my forehead, "How long did it take you to shift?" I ask "My first shift took me 3 hours" he says making my eyes widen "3 hours" I repeat "yup" he says popping the 'p'. "How fast can you shift now?" I ask looking up at him, "3 seconds" he answers "Impressive" I say smirking making him roll his eyes.

After mingling with everyone for a while people started heading back to the pack house and Josh and I were currently walking back to his room hand in hand. "I think I'm gonna take a shower" I say once we get to his room, he nods and I take my bag to his bathroom. I quickly strip and take a warm shower before climbing out and drying myself with a towel. A slip on my shorts and a tank top before opening the door to the bedroom. I walk out and find Josh outside in his balcony. I gently drop my bag on one of his sofas and walk towards him. "Hey" I say making him turn around, he smiles and pulls me into his arms, making me instantly relax.

"Do you always have this little ceremony when someone get's their wolf?" I ask, he looks down at me and nods "It's a tradition we do that before a kid turns eight, he or she must present themeselves and recite the wolf pledge" he explains. "That's pretty cool" I admit looking up at Josh's face soften, "You're perfect" he whispers before leaning down and leaving a soft kiss on my lips. He slowly pulls back and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear before pulling me closer in his arms.

Josh and I stay in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence. I slightly shiver when a cold breeze blows on us and Josh suddenly breaks the silence, "It's too cold to stay out here, come on let's go back inside" I nod and he takes my hand leading me back inside. He looks at me and smiles "I'll quickly go take a shower" he informs. He leaves to his bathroom and I grab Asena's book before climbing into Josh's bed and snuggling under the covers before reading where I left off.

When Josh is done he comes back out only wearing sweatpants, his abs on fulls display. My cheeks heat up and I hide my face with the book and hope he didn't see me blush. He climbs in next to me and I put the book on the nightstand before Josh wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer. "Do you want to watch a movie?" He asks making me shrug, "Sure" I reply. He reaches for his remote and puts the Tv on, surfing the different channels until he lands on a movie. I lay my head on his warm chest and he kisses the top of my head. After a few minutes my eyelids start to grow heavier as I listen to Josh's steady heart beat making me yawn. "Go to sleep gorgeous" He kisses the top of my head again and I close my eyes instantly falling asleep.

_____________________________

Heyyy lovelies, hope you enjoyed, please make sure to vote and leave a comment, or do whatever you want! ❤