Chapter 51: Shawn

Maya's Pov
We make it to the living room and my dad is sitting down on the couch with Sophia, talking to Asena.

As soon as he sees me a wide smile pulls at his lips and he stands up. "Maya" he breathes out, pulling me in a tight hug.

"Hey dad" I whisper before he slightly pulls away. "I should be mad at you" he admits making me look down.

"But I love you too much to be angry right now" he says lifting my head with his fingers underneath my chin.

"Could I speak with her alone?" He asks looking at the others whilst my eyes widen.

"Of course" Asena bows before walking away.

"Josh can stay right?" I ask turning around to see him. He gives me a soft smile but shakes his head.

"It's quick, after I'd like to speak with him alone" Shawn says as Josh nods and leaves the room, making my heart beat quicken.

"Sit" I turn back around and find my dad already sitting back down. I sit next to him and turn my body slightly so I could face him.

"Sophia said you got marked" he admits furrowing his eyebrows, I nod. "What the hell is that?" He asks confused.

I take a deep breath and start to explain. "When a male finds his female and she accepts him he gets to mark her" I say showing my mark to my dad making his eyes widen.

"Jesus Maya" he exclaims looking at my mark as if it was a terrible thing. "Are you okay?" He immediately asks.

"Of course" I smile.

"Why would you let him do this to you?" He asks confused.

"Because I love him and letting him mark me was a way to bring us closer.  I can read his mind if he doesn't have a wall up, we can communicate as well. I can feel what he feels" I explain making my dad rub his face with his hands.

"Maya" he sighs "I know I said that I would try and be okay with all this, but I feel like you're going too far" he admits making my eyebrows furrow.

"Too far?" I ask "I'm sorry dad but it's you who doesn't understand. I know you're new to all this but I will not take your opinions under considerations" I warn feeling my canines descend. I try and push them back but the more I talk the faster they come down.

"I will not let you ruin something just because you're my dad and what you believe is the best option for me, because it's not" I growl taking him aback.

He looks at me and I can hear his heart beating fast. "What did they do to you?" He questions looking as if he's about to burst into tears any minute.

"It was a part of getting marked. I'm not one of them, I can't turn into a wolf. I'm half. My senses increased and my canines" I trail off opening my mouth to show him.

He doesn't say anything all he does is just look at me. I close my eyes and put my canines back into place. Once they're back I open my eyes again and sigh.

"Look dad, I know you're worried about me and I really appreciated it, I always wanted someone to worry about me but you're the one who's going a bit too far" I explain.

"This is part of who I'm going to be now, I told you that you could be a part of it but if you're going to get mad at me every single time I do something then what's the point?" I ask making him sigh.

"You have to remember the people here only want what's best for me, you have nothing to worry about. We all take care of each other" He nods and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Right" he breathes out "I'm sorry" he apologises making me smile.

"Sometimes I forget and I get carried away but it's because you're my daughter and" he trails off quickly wiping a stray tear, "it's my job" he finishes.

"It's okay" he smiles and pulls me in for another hug.

~🐾~

Once my dad finally calmed down he wanted to speak with Josh privately. Of course I intended to try and read Josh's mind, but he freaking but a block. Rude.

I had been waiting in our bedroom for what felt like hours and once I had enough I decided to go take a shower. So much for spending our day off together.

I strip off my clothes and climb into the shower, turning the hot water on. I hum once the water hits my body, instantly feeling relaxed.

I hear the door open and from the scent that's coming with, it's Josh. He opens the bathroom door and smiles once he sees me. The shower only consisted of a glass wall, so of course Josh doesn't stop his roaming eyes.

"Mind if I join you?" He asks stepping closer and closing the door.

"Absolutely not" I reply making him chuckle as I look at him undress. I bite my lip enjoying the sight of him.

Once he's undressed he climbs in and wraps his arms around my waist. "What took you so long?" I ask looking up at him through my eyelashes.

He shrugs "We just had a few things to talk about" I eyes him sceptically causing him to roll his eyes. "Maya there's literally nothing interesting you'd want to know" he assure me making me sigh.

"If there was I would immediately tell you" he adds as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Good" I smile before leaning in and crashing my lips onto his.

His grip on my waist tightens and I try and deepen the kiss but he pulls away. "Maya" he sighs making me giggle.

"I know you won't be able to control yourself" I tease as he bites his lip.

"When is that happening by the way?" I question seeing a smile pull at his lip "I literally gave you the green light today and yet you turned me down" I add seeing him nod.

"I don't want our first time to be a random afternoon, I want it to be special" he explains making my heart flutter "And you won't have to wait long" he smirks stepping forwards until my back is against the wall.

He smiles and kneels down making my eyes widen at the realisation of what's he's about to do. "Josh" I say quickly making him laugh.

"Calm down baby, you trust me right?" I nod making him smirk before he kisses me right there.

_____________________________
If you liked this chapter you know what to do. Vote! Comment down below your thoughts and opinions!

Or...

Go make someone happy!

-Mel❤