Chapter 40: Welcoming new members

Josh's Pov
I am extremely glad I am not a girl. Like incredibly lucky. "Ugh" Maya groans as she holds her stomach and curls up into a ball. "Another cramp?" I ask softly as she nods.

Maya woke up with her period this morning and well, it was quite a morning. She's been hard to handle and most of the time I'm getting confused by what she wants or needs. One minute she wants me to be with her, the next she says she wants some space, and she gets mad that I leave her when she clearly said she didn't want me.

I pull her closer to me and kiss her forehead. "It's okay" I whisper as she snuggles up against me. "Your so lucky you have a dick" I chuckle and look at her amusingly "I wish I had one" she admits making me laugh.

"No" I shake my head "If you did I wouldn't be able to know what it would feel like to be inside of you" I smirk seeing her eyes widen.

"Well that took a turn" she chuckles softly "Um, is that happening before the initiation?" She questions, her cheeks turning slightly pick.

I nod and caress her cheek, "Yes my love, you have to be mated for the initiation" I reply before pecking her lips.

I couldn't wait to finally be intimate with her. I mean we fooled around and stuff, but finally having my way with her is going to be one of the best nights of my life. She's going to be all mine. I can't wait to get that gorgeous body of hers underneath me whilst she moans my name over and over again whilst I thrust into her.

"Josh" I looked back at her ocean blue eyes and hum in response. "Can we keep the fact that I'm going to be mated before the initiation from my father?" She asks "I don't really want him to know when I'm going to lose my virginity" she adds making me nod in understanding "Yeah" I agree.

"Thanks" she smiles leaning up and placing her delicious lips on mine for a soft kiss.

"Son" I groan and pull away from Maya. I see her pout making me laugh.

"I am not your son"

Once she sees my eyes cloud over she realises that I'm talking with someone so instead she lays her head on my chest and plays with my fingers.

"Right, everyone is gathering to welcome Ben and Esther could you please come down with your mate?"

I look down at Maya and sigh. I knew she was extremely happy and excited to finally have Ben and Esther join our pack but I also knew she didn't want to leave bed. Which is why we spent the whole day in my bed, snuggled up with blankets and watching movies.

"Baby girl" I say softly getting Maya's attention "Hm" she hums looking up at me through her long lashes. "We have to go downstairs, they're starting the ceremony" I explain.

She sighs and sits up, "Are you sure you want to go?" I ask carefully "Off course, I'm not missing this. Now come on" I nod and stand up before taking her hand and walking to the backyward.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Maya's Pov
"You okay?" Josh asks tightening his grip on my hand. Since this morning he's been acting like I was having my period for the first time ever. It was cute at first because he wanted to do anything to make me feel better, but after a few hours he started being a tad invasive.

"I'm fine Josh" I assure him "It's not the first time I have my period. I get these every month" I add seeing him scrunch his nose making me chuckle. "Come on let's go sit" I pull Josh towards his parents seeing an empty blanket on the grass next to them.

Once we got to the backyward we had to greet everyone and congratulate Ben and Esther. All in all it's fun but when you feel like there's a knife stabbing your stomach all you want to do is curl up into a ball.

"Asena" I smile bowing my head, she smiles in response and bows her head. Josh sits behind me and pulls me against his chest. I glance around enjoying the view of people smiling and enjoying themselves, I knew they weren't exactly happy with the fact that we're letting rogues in the pack so seeing them happy is quite relieving. My eyes land on my dad and Sophia and I can't help the smile that's pulling at my lips. I loved having him here and not having to lie about where I was going.

"Welcome!" Allen starts getting everyone's attention. He waits until everyone is quiet before he starts to speak. "Tonight we will be welcoming new members to our pack" everyone cheers and my smile widens "I thank all of you for coming, now let's begin".

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Josh's Pov
Seeing Maya's face when Benjamin and Esther recite the pack pledge is priceless, her smile kept on getting wider and the happiness she was executing was overwhelming, it's hard not to be happy when your mate is like this.

Watching Ben and Esther get their tattoo my grip on Maya's waist tightens. They're are officially part of our family now. We'll protect them with our life no matter what, and they will be loved like they once were.

Everyone starts cheering when they're done and the smile on those two kids are truly heart warming. I lean down and place a kiss on Maya's forehead, she leans against me and looks up, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"I love you" she admits making a smile pull at my lips "I love you too" I reply before leaning down and capturing her lips in a soft kiss.

"Maya!" I smile through the kiss before pulling away and seeing a running Esther behind Maya. I shake my head in amusement as the small girl reaches my mate. "Congratulations sweety" Maya gushes picking up Esther in her arms and twirling her around, "Your part of the family now" she adds as I notice Esther's grip tighten. 

"Thank you" Esther says pulling away and looking at Maya before switching her gaze to me, "Thank you" she says once more as tears fill her eyes.

"Sweety" I say grabbing her from Maya's arm and pulling her against my chest, "Don't cry" I say rubbing her back as I feel my shirt getting wet. "Your supposed to be happy" I admit, she pulls away slightly and smiles "I am" she admits "I'm really happy" she says her smile widening "Because of you and Maya" she adds making me smile as I look at Maya who's looking at Esther with a soft smile.

"Maya's different from how they described you, they said you were horrible" she says making me look at her confused. They? Who were they? And who the hell is talking about my mate?

"They?" I question looking at the little girl in my arms.

"Esther" her brother yells and motions for her too come. She wiggles out of my grip and makes her way to her brother as I keep my gaze on her confused. "They?".

____________________________
Okay so just to warn you guys that during this month I'm going to be filled with exams, one that starts tomorrow actually. So my updates will be infrequent and I want to apologize in advance for that. In Juin the updates will be back to normal and watch out for new books which I am going to release.

If you enjoyed this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do something that'll change your life.

-Mel❤