Chapter 61: "You're What?!"

"Careful" Josh warns as he stands in front of me, down one step of the stairs. Today was my first official day out of the 'hospital' and I honestly couldn't be happier. Although me being skinny, pregnant and not to mention clumsy, Josh has taken his protectivness to a whole new level. I'm not allowed to leave his side once, not even to go to the bathroom.

"Josh" I sigh putting my hands on my hips. "You're right I'll just carry you downstairs" he says walking back up the step and making his way behind me. "That's not what I was go-" I try but he picks me up bridal style causing me to roll my eyes.

"Josh" I start again as he walks down the steps. "Hm" he hums in response. "I love you but tone it down a notch" I say carefully. He eyes me confused before quickly glancing down at my stomach. "I'm sorry" he sighs "I just want to make sure everything is okay" my hearts swells and I can't help but cup his cheeks and pull him down to me. I leave a soft kiss on his lips and pull away smiling. "Thank you" I breathe out.

"Maya?"

I turn my head and come face to face with my dad. Shit. I wasn't suppose to see him until Friday, that's 6 days away.
"Dad?" I glance at Josh and he slowly puts me back down. "What are you doing here?" I question wrapping my arms around myself. Luckily I was wearing baggy sweatpants and one of Josh's sweatshirts, the baby bump and my skinny body are hidden.

"I came to visit" he shrugs "And ask why the initiation was cancelled" he adds making me bite my lip. "Maya got sick and she wasn't in the right state to do it" Josh explains simply. "They didn't even let me come see you for your birthday" He says softly, his eyes full of sadness making my heart break. I had forgotten that my birthday passed and that I'm now eighteen.

"I'm sorry" I apologise "I had to stay with the nurse. I just kept throwing up all the time" I explain making him nod in understanding. "Is that why you look like you lost some weight?" I sigh and nod.

"But I'm a lot better now and the initiation is next Saturday" I smile taking a step towards him.

He nods and takes a deep breath "Okay, well I guess I'm going to go" he says softly taking a step back. "Dad, wait" I say stopping him from going further.

I walk up to him and pull him in for a tight hug, as he wraps his arms around me. "I missed you" I say "Please stay" I add "Have dinner with us" I say softly pulling away from him.

"Are you sure?" He asks worriedly. "We would love to have you Shawn" Josh assures him with a smile. "Alright then" Shawn smiles pulling me back in for another hug.

~🐾~

"I'll be right back with your plate baby" I assure Maya once she's seated before leaving a quick kiss on the top of her head, she shoots me a smile before starting a conversation with her father and my mother.

I'm currently adding some cooked potatoes to the plate when Riley walks over to me. "Hey" she breathe out "Hey" I reply deciding to add another spoon of potatoes to Maya's plate. "How's Maya doing?" She asks curiously as I glance at her. "She's doing pretty well" I answer with a smile "Is that why Shawn is here? Does he know about the baby?" She questions rapidly.

"Yes and no he doesn't so if you'd keep that information to yourself, I'd really appreciated it" I say before walking back to Maya.

"Here you go" I say softly before sitting beside her, she looks down at her plate and her eyes widen, "Josh I can't eat all this" she shakes her head. "You have to eat" I say matter of factly "I know but Josh, this is way to much" She argues, I open my mouth to protest but the words that come out of my step-father makes me want to choke him.

"She's right Josh, that's way to much for her, she's suppose the slowly build up her appetite, it'll upset her tummy especially with the baby".

Both Maya and I's eyes widen as the words leave Alan's mouth. "What?!" Shawn asks seemingly angry, "I'm sorry but did you say that my daughter is pregnant?" He demands looking at Alan before quickly glancing at Maya and I. Maya bites her lip and her heart speeds up, I grab her hand and squeeze it causing her heart to slow down.

"Josh would you like to answer?" Alan asks making me groan internally. " I'm pregnant" Maya blurt out before I get the chance to say anything.

"You're what?!" Shawn shouts looking at his daughter angrily. "How could you be so irresponsible?" He questions "Maya you should know better, is that why you've been sick?" She slowly nods and Shawn sighs. "I'm sorry I think I'll just leave" he says before standing up. "Wait" Maya says standing up, "Please dad, stay" she begs "I'm sorry Maya, I just thought you'd be smarter" he says before walking away.

I stand up and go to Maya, finding her with tears falling from her eyes. I pull her against me and let her cry, " I'm sorry baby" I whisper running my fingers through her soft hair.

~🐾~

"I love you" Josh murmurs against my ear as we take a warm bath together. "Do you think my father will ever forgive me?" I question randomly turning my head slightly to look at him. "In the past few months I dragged him into so much shit that he must be getting so overwhelmed. I fell in love with a werewolf, got marked, mated and I'm already pregnant at 18" I add causing Josh to chuckle.

"Believe it or not, but for us that's normal" I roll my eyes, looking at him unamused. "Yes Maya, he'll forgive you" Josh assures me. "If he sees how happy you are and realises that this is where you belong, I have no doubt that he will forgive you and I'm sure that once he sees our little pup he wouldn't be able to stay mad at us" I smile looking up at him lovingly.

"You always know what to say" I whisper as he leans down to leave a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you too my Alpha" I murmur against his perfect lips.

___________________________________
One more chapter and an Epilogue and this book is done.😭😭

Although stay tuned for a surprise 😉

If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or..

Go stream SINGULAR !

-Mel❤