Chapter 19: Traditions

Maya's Pov

"I did it!" Aspen yells, a huge smile plastered on her face as Allen nods vigorously. He picks her up and everyone starts cheering.  "What do you think?" Josh whispers in my ear, I turn around and smile "Apart from the snapping of the bones it's amazing" I reply earning a kiss on the cheek. He pulls me closer and I relax against him as everyone congratulates Aspen.

As the sun started to set everyone started gathering around another campfire. According to Josh it is the continuation of the celebration of Aspen's wolf. Josh started talking to his father so I decided to talk to Riley but off course I was third wheeling because she was with Lucas. "Maya" Asena says catching my attention and saving me from the two couples. I walk over to her and she motions for me to sit down next to her, I do so and stare at the dancing fire in front of me as she starts to speak. "You remind me a lot of myself" she says making me furrow my eyebrows as I slightly turn to look at her. "I was so amazed, and intrigued with werewolves, and off course I had one who imprinted on me as well, and it just so happened to be the next Alpha" she says making me chuckle.

"How did you deal with it all?" I ask curiously. "Well when I first found out about them I was sixteen and back then it wasn't as simple as it is today" she sighs before continuing "But I never had to deal with it, dealing with something is saying that you have to, that you must do a certain thing, and for me I never had to deal with werewolves. Although what I had to do is learn, learn to have patience, learn to understand things out of the ordinary, learn to lead, learn to care for other, learn to love and most importantly learn to be a werewolf" she explains.

"I want to learn all of those things. I want to be like you" I admit as a soft smile pulls at her lips, "That is exactly why you remind me of myself" she chuckles making me smile. "How long did it take you to know all these things?" I ask.

"Everything you need to know would probably just take you a few months but to know as much as I know would take you a longer while,  because even I have a lot more to learn and understand" she answers as a pair of hands are placed on my shoulders. I look up and see Josh looking down at me with a goofy smile. "Hey" he whispers as he kneels down before settling behind me and pulling me closer to him, "Hi" I whisper back. "Mother" he smiles slowly bowing his head to his mom as she does the same. "You have a wonderful girl in your hands Josh" Asena says making me look up at Josh who's looking down at me lovingly, "I know" he smiles before leaning down and kissing me, letting his lips linger on mine for a while before pulling back. I look at him lovingly before snuggling closer to him.

"Can I have your attention please?" Allen asks standing up. Everyone becomes quiet as Allen continues, "Today a strong little she-wolf got her wolf today" he says earning a few cheers around the pack. "Because of her achievement it is now time to mark her" he says turning around and motioning for Aspen to stand up. She stands up and walks towards him, "You have done an amazing job today, the moon Goddess blessed you with a strong wolf" he starts as Aspen smiles. "You have earn your place in the pack ever since you were born but it is now time to mark you, are you ready?" He asks, she nods "Yes".

Josh's grip tighten as he sits a little straighter, "This might look like it is extremely painful but it isn't" he assures me as he kisses the spot below my ear, I tilt my head and look at him confused, I look back and see Allen holding a knife whilst Cory is standing next to him with a stick on fire. My eyes widen as I look back at Josh, "It doesn't hurt as bad as it looks, trust me" he whispers making me slowly nod.

"Aspen Harshaw do you understand fully the laws of this pack?" Allen asks a bright smile on his face as he looks at the little girl.

"Yes" she replies,

"Good, do you understand that you cannot break the laws of this pack?" He asks, she nods again "Yes",

"Do you understand that if you break any of these laws, punishment will be enforced?"

"Yes"

"Aspen Harshaw I am more than pleased to announced that you have earn your rightful place in this pack, congratulations"

She hands him her arm and Allen kneels next to her, he lifts the knife up, and I immediately grip Josh's hand, "Don't worry" he whispers rubbing my back with his free hand.

I watch as Allen slowly cuts Aspen's arm and see her bite her lip harshly. "Breathe sweetheart" Josh says tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear before kissing my cheek, "He's just engraving our pack symbol on her" he explains.

"Good job" Allen says putting the knife down as Aspen wipes her few stray tears. I hate that this hurted her. "Breathe honey you're doing great" Allen says as Cory hands him the stick on fire. "You don't have to watch if you don't want to" Josh says rubbing my arms.

I ignore him and watch Allen burn Aspen where he cut her. Her sudden scream takes me by surprise making me close my eyes and tense up. Josh turns me around and cups my face before bringing his lips to mine. He kisses me softly for a few seconds before pulling away and resting his forehead against mine. "It's okay sweetheart" he smiles leaning down for one last quick peck.

Once he pulls away Allen is done and Aspen is officially a part of the pack. The campfire continues and everyone starts telling stories. Stories about their adventures in life, stories which truly amazed me, stories which made me realize how much this life has to offer, and stories that slowly made me fall alseep in Josh's arms.

_____________________
Here's another chapter hope you enjoyed it!! Please vote, comment!!!

Or do whatever you want!

-Mel ❤