Chapter 5: Torture Me (Part Two)

~Chapter 5~

Clover

Sitting up from her bed, Clover yawned and stretched her arms. She got her glasses then swung her legs at the edge of the bed. She ran a hand through her extra curly hair thinking how she would probably survive this day.

She knew Merilda wasn’t letting her get off the hook easily. She would hurt Clover a lot as revenge of even one teeny mistake. When Clover accidentally spilled coffee on her, she dragged her to the rain and left her in the mud plus, she damaged her nose with a mop. When she sat with Ash and Jed at lunch – even though it wasn’t her decision at all – Merilda swore she would kill her.

And that killing would happen today.

Ever since Merilda came into her life, everything was hell. She already believed that someday she would die, and Merilda herself would be the reason behind it. But she wasn’t going to break easily. She won’t give up right away. If Clover survived a couple years of Merilda’s torture, then she would get through all of it after high school, right?

Maybe.

Clover lazily dragged herself to the bathroom and took a quick hot shower. She changed into her uniform and looked at herself in the mirror. Boring blue eyes that made her envious of Artemis’ and Apollo’s dazzling eyes, curly hair that looked like it came from a hurricane and lastly, glasses and braces that made her look like a complete dork. She wasn’t satisfied of her look, but she didn’t hate it either.

She sighed, grabbed her bag and went out of her room. Locking the door, she decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator to avoid Merilda. She didn’t want running into her.

After dashing down the stairs, she quickly made her way to her locker to get stuff. Someone went up beside her and she jumped in surprise.

“Relax, it’s me,” Jed assured her.

“Oh,” Clover said, “What are you doing here?”

Jed shrugged, “Is it bad to hang out with my friend?”

She took a deep breath, “Listen Jed, you have to avoid me. We can’t be friends anymore because of Merilda.”

Jed snorted, “Oh, come on, Clover. Just ignore Merilda.”

Clover shook her head, “No, you don’t understand. You don’t get it at all. She can do worse things to me.”

“So what if she threw your art box and broke it? You can be stronger than that,”

She gulped at the mention of the box. That thing that’s so valuable to her. But she knew Jed doesn’t have an idea what Merilda could do to her. He didn’t know she would injure her or hurt her physically.

“You haven’t seen everything she is,” she said.

His brow rose, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You can ask your best friend,” she told him, “He knows.”

Then she walked away, leaving Jed dumbfounded.

As she walked on the hallway, Merilda’s voice echoed in her ears, “Clover,”

In no time, Merilda was already in front of her, her black hair curled perfectly and her makeup was too much.

“I remember telling you, yesterday that I’d make this day a hell for you. Am I right?” Merilda said.

“Yes,” Clover stared at her feet.

Merilda stepped closer to her, “Then why not start now?”

Before she knew it, Clover was pushed to floor. She didn’t let Merilda push her because Merilda already had enough strength compared to her. She lay on her side, cringing right after her head collided with the floor. Her head was throbbing and Merilda made it worse. Her foot pressed against the side of Clover’s head to make sure she stayed down. Clover noticed that some students were already gathering around them. No teachers were in sight.