Chapter 22: Befriend Me (Part Two)

~Chapter 22~

Amelia

Today was the day Ami’s waiting for since last summer. She can finally go to camp and enjoy her days of freedom. Too bad Clarence isn’t there….but her prince charming will be. Of all the things or people at camp, she was most eager to see Jedrick. She wondered what she would say once they see each other. That made Ami nervous. What if she burst out rambling? What if she does something completely idiotic and stupid? What if she couldn’t control her wild hormones and just randomly kiss him or something?

By the time she went out of the car, she was far beyond nervous. Ami got her luggage and dragged just stood there by the entrance of the camp, staring at the inside.

“Hey, you’re here,” she turned to see her half-brother standing beside her.

Ami smiled, “Yeah, I am.”

“Do you want me to help you carry these and take them to our cabin?” Matt offered. Ami nodded and they started towards the inner camp. She was once again refreshed of the familiar sightings. There were demigods running around, probably heading to the dining hall for breakfast, there are some taking their lessons and some are busy with themselves.

“What’s new?” she found herself asking.

“The oracle is here,” Matt answered, “She was brought here by some new demigod. And word is, that demigod got along well with Gerald.

All the big three kids are part of the popular gang – especially Ami, being a daughter of Jupiter. Well, all except for one. That was Gerald Mackie, the loner son of Hades. He refused to join the popular table or even be with them. He’d rather have other friends. Other demigods included in the group are the best fighters and warriors.

Finally, they reached the Jupiter/Zeus cabin. It was completely made of marble and had columns surrounding the outer area. Inside was the same large building Ami remembered. It had big tiles on the floor and it was separated in half – Greek and Roman. She made her way to the Roman styled area, complete with a bed, a closet and some things. There was even a Jupiter statue there.

With the help of Matt, she managed to unpack her stuff in just a few minutes. She already had breakfast, so she decided to spend her extra time roaming around camp and – hopefully – see Jedrick or talk to him. She went out of the big cabin and looked around camp.

Ami narrowed her eyes when she spotted a familiar girl afar. She ran towards the girl’s direction and sure enough, it was Clarence. Without thinking, she ran straight to her and engulfed her best friend in a hug.

“Amelia…Jane…K-Kether…let me go now!”  Clarence choked.

Ami pulled away, beaming at her best friend, “What are you doing here? I thought you didn’t want to go here. When did you arrive…Clarence you have to tell me everything!

Clarence snickered, “You might want to stop acting like that since your lover boy is here.”

That’s when Ami realized Jedrick was standing beside them, staring at her. When he noticed she was looking his way, he put on a smirk and Ami averted her gaze, blushing furiously.

“So…um…” Ami began, “Are you going to tell me something, Clarence? How about I take you to my cabin and we can talk?”

Her best friend smirked, “Are you sure? Maybe you want to take Jedrick instead.”

Ami’s heart pounded against her ribs as she sneaked a glance at Jed. He was glaring at Clarence, hinting her to stop.

“Maybe I should leave you two here…” Clarence trailed off then left the two awkwardly standing by each other. Ami made a mental note to herself to give Clarence a piece of her mind later on.