Chapter 11: Meet Me

~Chapter 11~

Clarence

She groaned, laying on her stomach and putting the pillow on her head, “Go away, Kether, I need some sleep!”

“Just freakin’ get up, Meadow, I don’t need to wait all day!” Ami mimicked her tone. Clarence was already fed up. She grabbed an extra pillow and chucked it at her best friend. Ami just effortlessly dodged it and continued to get Clarence to get up.

“Seriously, Clarence, get up now! Before I send a lightning bolt at you!” she said.

Clarence sat up on her bed and glared at her, “Yesterday was a lucky shot, Aims. And I’m still tired because we fought three phoenixes!”

Ami left the doorway and walked towards her. She tugged Clarence’s arm but the sleepy girl didn’t move an inch.

Clarence softly chuckled, “Really Ami? You’ll never get me out of bed. Never!”

The other girl stopped pulling her arm. She rolled her eyes, “Okay, what am I supposed to do to get you out of bed?”

“Make me breakfast and leave me alone,” Clarence commanded. She was already annoyed by her best friend’s persuading. Ami was her first real friend since Jed, but sometimes she could be a real pain. Sometimes she just acted like a damn daughter of Aphrodite.

Ami sighed and sat the edge of her bed. She reached for Clarence’s hand again but this time, she rubbed it, “Come on sleepy head, get up.” She said calmly.

“Trying a different style now? Haha, that won’t work on me.” Clarence laughed without humor.

“Please,” Ami whined.

“You’re not getting me out of bed until lunchtime,” she said.

Hercule iners filia Diana.Why est amicus meus, iterum?” Clarence heard Ami mumble in Latin. She didn’t know what Ami meant, but she was sure it was nothing good. Maybe she was even cursing.

Τι θα μπορούσε να ενδεχομένως να θέλουν κατά τις επτά το πρωί ότι θα πρέπει να με ξυπνήσει?” Clarence asked her in Greek, knowing she wouldn’t understand.

Ami narrowed her eyes, “Fine, maybe I’ll just…”

“What, Ami? What will you do?” Clarence questioned, her face still buried on the soft mattress.

“I’ll take away your precious bow and arrows and hide them where you can’t find them!” Ami threatened.

Clarence shot up from her bed. She didn’t want losing another precious thing in her life, “Okay, okay, I’m up! Just don’t do anything to my babies!”

Ami smirked, “Come on, lazy butt. Take a quick shower, change into something cute, and your breakfast will be waiting in the kitchen.” She skipped out of Clarence’s room.

Clarence knew there was no point of going back to bed anymore. She couldn’t get sleep now. She stomped towards the bathroom and took a nice hot shower. Then, she changed into skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt and a denim jacket, complete with sneakers. She didn’t bother combing her hair and putting on some makeup. Clarence went out the door to satisfy her grumbling stomach.

When she got there, Lindy and Ami were in the dining table. Her grandmother was sipping some coffee while Ami settled for some fruit. Usually Lindy would’ve already left before she could wake up. But since today Ami woke her up earlier than her usual, she got to see Lindy in the morning.