Chapter 29: Kissable

Okay, peeps, as I said before, everything’s going to be different in this chapter. I consider this like a part two of the book. Anyway, enjoy Clarence’s POV!

~ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~

 ~Chapter 29~

It was just a short peck and pretty much lasted only about two seconds. There was no lip-moving, sucking or French kissing. It was just his lips against mine for two whole seconds because after that short moment of my first kiss, I immediately pulled away, stunned and confused. He makes me feel uncomfortable and happy at the same time. I don’t know why. He just does. Maybe – just maybe – I have a little crush on Ash.

He leaned forward again to capture his lips on mine but I put my hand on his chest again and stopped him. “A-Ash…no, please.” I managed to choke out weakly.

He looked at me with his gorgeous soft eyes, “Clarence I’m – “

“No,” I cut him off, my voice a little more strong and firm, “Just drop it, okay? That…that didn’t happen!”

I crashed my head on the pillow then faced the wall, biting my lip. What have I done? Why did I let him kiss me? “Clarence, I’m really sorry…” Ash said.

“Just…please, leave.” I told him, my voice cracking. I laid one hand on my wound, thinking of how this single injury brought us both to taste each other’s lips. I wasn’t thinking of being a maiden forever, really. I wanted to give the right guy a chance to show me what love is. But it never crossed my mind that this guy might be Ashton Harper.

My birthday and the dance…he was affectionate towards me. Could it be possible that he does like or was he playing with me like Gerald said? I was sure I was feeling something towards him because of  the constant backflips my stomach’s pit does when we make contact with each other and the slight tingles he leaves when he touches me.

“I don’t understand. What’s so special about him, anyway? You look like an absolute lovesick girl when you’re around him,” I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

“No, Clarence. You don’t understand. Liking someone…it just happens. You feel like a thousand butterflies fluttered in your stomach, you’re comfortable around that person and always stay yourself and the electricity or sparks, it’s always there.” Ami told me, not tearing her gaze from my cousin, who was practicing sword fighting with a Poseidon kid.

“I still don’t get it, Ami.”

“Whatever. You don’t have to understand it, Clarence. You have to feel it.”

“Do you think I’ve already met him?” I suddenly asked after a few moments of silence.

“Who?”

“You know, the perfect guy who’s make me feel like that, the one I’d spend the rest of my life with and the one who’d I’d be happy with?”

Ami shrugged, “I don’t know. But I’m thinking of someone perfect for you…” her eyes left Jed and stared at someone else. I followed her gaze and realized it was Ash she was talking about.

“Him?!” I exclaimed in disbelief, “What the hell, Aims?” I threw a light punch on her forearm.

“There’s a fine line between love and hate,” she said in a singsong voice. Well, yeah, Ash and I did hate each other but there was no way I’d ever love him. He’s a self-centered pig and someone who doesn’t care about others. He’s too unreadable and mysterious.