Chapter 31: Insufferable

~Chapter 31~

One simple word can change the future of your life. One utter of a single word can change your emotions, your feelings and other people around you. At first, it might be so simple and fast but as you look back, you realize these words you utter have more meaning in your life than you think they do. One word is strong enough to affect you so only one sentence would be very powerful. Words aren’t just words. They show others what you feel, what you think, what you hope and dream for, what you need and want. It is your own responsibility to pick your choice of these weapons and use them against, to protect, to help, to love, to hate or do many other things to others. Use them wisely. They are more than what most people think.

I’ve made mistakes and regretted them in the past though, now I know to be more careful. And not only have I regretted the words I said, but the things I did. Like one great mistake of mine was making Jed and Ash suspicious then it led to them finding out about my secret. Then, there was this time I hated myself for leaving New York after I stayed there for a month therefore, Lindy died. And the latest was yelling at my mother and denying that she loves me. See? Everything we say or do counts but we couldn’t avoid making mistakes. Even the gods make mistakes. The story – and a million other ones – of Dana proved that.

Okay…whoa…enough about that. I sounded so much like Ami.

Anyway, I was reflecting on that because of my answer to Ash’s question: Will you be my girlfriend? Well, yeah, I was too shocked at first and my mind literally went blank. My lips couldn’t say a single word with his gorgeous eyes pleading for me to say yes and his warm breath fanning my face. Not wanting to sound dramatic, but I could’ve died right there. So since I couldn’t think of anything to do, I leaned in and kissed him full on the lips again, allowing my lips to move sweetly against his.

When I pulled away, I asked him, “How’s that for an answer?” he merely chuckled and pecked me on the lips.

So, yeah, it’s been a few days since I agreed to go out with him. I’ve never been so happy in my life. Every day, Ash and I would go to the valley and stargaze there. I felt safe when he and I would sit there, with me, wrapped around his arms and his chin on my head.

“What would you do after summer?” Ash asked, as I snuggle next to him. We were lying on the grass, next to each other and were just staring at the stars.

“I’d just stay here in camp so I’d be safe. That’s what Halliope advised me. I should just make this camp my home and avoid going anywhere else. I’m powerful and different and anyone could take advantage of me.”

“That’s unfair,” he said, “You need to be free and have experiences or else you’ll never learn.”

“I know, but it’s for the best.”

“I’d be willing to argue with that.”

I looked up at him, “How about you? You’re going back to Eastern, learn and stuff then after that you’re graduating from high school.”

“I don’t want to think about that yet. But Seriously, I don’t want to move on to college. We’re demigods for a reason. We need to fight and train.”

“Uh huh, but at least you’re not like me. I have to hide who I really am from other people and conceal my abilities. They don’t know who the real Clarence is.”

He kissed my forehead, “I’m sure they will soon.”

I was reflecting on my past and things that happened to me recently because I was bored out of my freaking mind. Ami invited me to sleep over at her cabin tonight and I agreed. Her half-brother was back in my cabin, spending the night with Jed and Ash. Now, I was lying on a sleeping bag next to Ami’s, staring up at the bare ceiling waiting for Ami to go out of the bathroom. Seriously, how long does it take her to take a night bath?! Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to this if she’s going to make me wait until the next day.