Chapter 15: Try Me

~Chapter 15~

Clarence

Bringing the cup of coffee in her hands, she unlocked her dorm room. Clarence decided to have her breakfast in her room, which was pretty much a cup of coffee. She forced herself to wake up a while ago to fetch her drink from the cafeteria then go back to her room. Caffeine was all she needed when she didn’t get enough sleep. The hot coffee kept her up and going throughout the day.

There weren’t any monsters last night, thought she spent a couple hours playing with her powers and shooting a few arrows. Controlling the stars made her a little dizzy last night but not so much. Clarence flopped down on her bed and took a sip from the cup. She leaned back on the wall and savored her time with her beloved coffee. The girl patted her furry belt, the trophy of her success the day before yesterday. She’d never forget that moment.

She blinked a few times when Ami’s face appeared in front of her. What’s she doing Iris messaging me in this time of the day? Clarence wondered.

“Ugh, I’m so pissed right now!” Ami scowled, looking behind her. She turned to Clarence again, “It’s a miracle you’re awake now, you know.”

Clarence rolled her eyes, “Ένας , keep your voice down, Ami. Some people might hear and δυο, I have my trusty drink right here.” She held out the cup. “So why are you mad?” she asked.

Ami was too busy glaring at the door behind her. She faced her best friend again, “It’s my freaking mom. She wants me to go to this stupid hellish party,” Ami snorted, “As if I’d go there.”

Clarence cocked an eyebrow at her, “I thought you liked parties.”

Ami shook her head, “No, Clar, this is a different one. It’s one of those lame boring parties adults go to. I’d be lucky if I find a cute guy there.”

“Relax, Ο καλύτερος φίλος, cut her some slack. It’s almost summer,” Clarence chuckled.

Amelia groaned, “Why can’t be in school like you?”

“Trust me, Ami, if you’ll try going to high school, you’d wish you’d be with your mom at home and regret it.”

“Whatever,” her friend huffed, “Anyway, any big news lately?”

Clarence grinned at her, “I thought you’d never ask.” She unclasped her belt and held it out for Ami to see. “Guess who killed the Nemean lion,” she said in a singsong voice.

Ami eyed the belt carefully, “Wow, at least it has bit of fashion…” Clarence scowled at her and she laughed, “Okay, okay! You took it out alone, didn’t you?”

Clarence nodded, “Yup.”

“And you shot it with one of your arrows,”

“Nope.”

Ami’s brows furrowed, “Then…how? Don’t tell me you have Hercules strength now.”

“No, Ami. I used my powers.”

Ami looked at her worriedly, “Clarence, please don’t use your powers too much, especially in fighting monsters. You know it’s painful, and too much is bad for you so just please avoid it.”

Clarence sighed, “I’m fine, Ami. I used it because I needed to. The lion was a lot smarter than I thought.”

“Oh, come on. You could’ve thought a lot more than that!”

Clarence snorted, “At least I’m not as stupid as those two idiots. I mean, one of them has a wound now!”

Ami looked confused, “Two idiots?”