Chapter 18: Help Me

~Chapter 18~

Amelia

She buried her head on her hands, sighing as she heard her bedroom door close behind her. Washington had been a pain for her yesterday. Everything was hellish and boring except for that Knight in shining armor she saw yesterday at the park. Who the hell was that guy and was he a demigod?

Ami smacked her forehead, not caring if her mom heard her. She was daydreaming of that cute guy. His soft brown hair, those hot green eyes and that little dimple on his left cheek…Screw it, Ami thought, I’m obsessed!

She groaned and went to the bathroom and towards the sink then brought out one golden drachma. After saying the right words to the goddess Iris and throwing in the coin, Clarence’s face appeared on the rainbow. She was on her bed, munching on some chocolate.

Ami smiled, “Hey how are you?”

Clarence groaned, “Not feeling well,”

“What monster did you fight this time?” She asked.

Ami’s friend shook her head, “No, Aims, it’s not that.”

Ami frowned, “Then what’s the problem?”

Clarence’s bright blue eyes gazed into Ami’s electric blue eyes. Ami sensed something must be really bad going on. And Clarence couldn’t bring herself to tell Ami. Clarence had always been the one with problems while Ami was always on cloud nine every day.

“They know,” Clarence croaked.

Ami’s eyes widened, “They know?! Ashton and Jed…they knew already?”

Clarence bit her lip, “No Ami…they still don’t know whose daughter I am. But they know I’m Clover…”

“How did they react?”

Clarence sighed, “Jed tried to apologize…and Ashton was emotionless. I don’t know what they’re going to do now. It all happened so quickly last night.”

“Maybe you should go talk to them.” Ami advised.

“I already did yesterday! Well…before they knew. I think Ash’s still mad at me, though.”

“But-“ Ami started though, Clarence cut her off, “Enough about me, Ami. I’m going to be fine. What about you?”

Ami cocked an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

“Any interesting happened lately?”

Ami blushed, thinking about her mystery guy. She hesitated telling Clarence everything.

“I went to Washington yesterday!” she blurted out, then covered her mouth immediately.

Clarence chuckled, “You should’ve told me! I could’ve visited you. It was Saturday and I didn’t have classes.”

Ami shrugged casually, “Sorry. I asked permission from my mom to go to the city but she said to stay near the meeting building. I went to the park and sat there then I spaced out for a while and then something was pecking my head. I turned to see it but there’s nothing and soon they started pecking my hand and then I was running across the park, with a bunch of crazy harpies chasing me! I suddenly bumped into this cute guy and when I fell down; I realized he drove the harpies away. I was so nervous because he was soo cute and I wanted to kiss him so bad! We talked for a while and he knew I was a demigod then he left and I didn’t even ask for his name! He was so hot, Clarence! I can’t stop thinking about him! I think I might be having a crush!” she rambled and panicked.