Chapter 10: Train Me

~Chapter 10~

Amelia

“Amelia, where do you think you’re going?” her mother asked her, as she reached for the doorknob. Ms. Kether studied the plaid skirt and white blouse she was wearing. Her hair was also pulled up into a neat pony tail.

“I’m going to Lindy’s, mom.” Ami put on a bored and flat expression. Her mom didn’t need to ask where she was going every single time.

Instantly, her mother’s scowl turned into a sweet smile, “You’re really going along with that Clarisse girl, are you?”

Ami rolled her eyes, “Her name’s Clarence, mom. Jeez, do you have amnesia?”

“Just be back on time, Amelia,” her mom told her. Ami ignored her bossy tone and went out the door. Her mother could be really sometimes.

Wait, no.

Her mother could be annoying every time.

As the elevator began ascending to the floor above and the cheesy music started playing, Ami grew a lot more….free. Ever since Clarence – or Clover, whichever – jumped into her life, her mother was allowing her to go out of the house more often. It’s been a week since Clarence began her training and since that, Ami was visiting her house every single day. Mostly to teach and train her, because Lindy was gone and a few times they would just hang out and be friends. Talking about their lives, their feelings, exchanging jokes – corny or not. Yep, Clarence Meadow was officially Amelia Kether’s best friend.

Letting out a loud ding, the elevator stopped on Clarence’s floor. Ami practically skipped to their front door. Clarence opened it. Her hair was tied up into  messy bun and she was wearing a sweat shirt and sweat pants.

“Look who woke up late this time,” Ami giggled.

Clarence playfully glared at her, “Shut up. I already ate breakfast…so that means I didn’t wake up late.”

Ami rolled her eyes and let herself inside, “Whatever.” After a few days of getting to know Clarence, Ami learned that she has this habit of sleeping late ‘coz of staring up at the stars at night. And then in the morning, she’s all grumpy if she has to wake up early or if someone forces her out of bed.

“Are you hungry? There’s some food on the kitchen table,” her friend told her. Ami shook her head and crashed on the couch, “Nah, thanks. I already ate.”

Clarence nodded, “Okay, I’m going to take a bath first, and then we should get started.” Ami noticed her face still looked sleepy. She watched as Clarence went back to her room to take a shower.

“Don’t fall asleep!” Ami called out. All she received for a response was a low grunt.

Ami chuckled to herself. She knew Clarence was a bit unlike her. Amelia was the girly-ish type, the kind of young lady her mother molded her into. Clarence was the tough, fierce type. Just like Artemis. She’s not exactly tomboy-ish, but Clarence is the kind of girl who would kick any guy who would threaten her in the nuts.

A few minutes, later, Clarence came back, all fresh and clean. Her hair was down and she was wearing faded out jeans and a baggy shirt. Just the kind of clothing she would be most likely to wear.

“So, where do we start?” Clarence took a seat beside her. She pulled the bowl of M&Ms onto her lap and popped a few candies into her mouth.

“Let’s take a little break from training and lessons,” Ami told her. Clarence raised an eyebrow in confusion, “Why?”

“Don’t you want a little break and vacay?” Ami shrugged, “We’ll just kick back and relax for the morning, then in the afternoon, we’ll be resuming with our training.”