The Stubborn Juliet

Destiny ; 'If life throws obstacles on your path, take it as a sign because life believes in you to cross them all'

Melhotra House

On her way back to home, Radhika leaned onto Prerna's shoulder wrapping her arms around Prerna's arm. She felt a stab in her heart , Prerna caressed her face; ''All good'' Radhika nodded giving a small smile ; ''Just tired'' Prerna kept staring at her face; ''Is there something I should know Radhika?''

Radhika blinked; ''No, I am fine'' Prerna wasn't  convinced, her experienced eyes had seen how Arjun's  gaze followed Radhika. As a mother she wasn't fine with it. Prerna pulled her closer; ''close your eyes, will wake you once we are home'' Radhika saw Neil staring at her through the mirror, she turned her eyes away. What should she tell her family, that she wanted the company of the guy who once tormented and scared her. The guy whom her family hated , may be Arjun was right , they should stay away from each other. Once, they reached the mansion, Radhika gave a hug to Nihal who caressed her faced; ''You called me dad, hope you will call me same hereafter'' Radhika smiled like a child; ''I will'' After giving Prerna a hug Radhika fled to her room; ''Nihal, something is wrong. She is tensed''

''That's because , an idiot spoiled her mood. Don't worry , our girl is brave'' Nihal walked off but Prerna's eyes stayed on the way Radhika went; ''Arjun Mehra, you will stay away from my child. Mehra's have no acceptance in my house'' Neil just heard the later part and covered his face in helplessness. He had decided to speak to his parents on Sam. But now looking at his mother's mood , he knew his task is going to be tedious.

Radhika switched off the lights of her room and moved to the balcony, she didn't wanted her family to know that she was awake. She closed her eyes hugging her self; 'Why do I feel this way, why am I thinking about him' Radhika tried blinking away the tears away that had made their way to her eyes . 'Arjun' she whispered his name and started sobbing. 

''Chashni ! open the door''  Radhika wiped her tears, hearing the faint knock on her door. Taking a deep breath, she unlocked the door ; ''Neil ? why are you whispering'' Neil got in the room and locked it; ''Why are you calling me Neil? wait were you crying ?''

Radhika turned her face away; ''No I am not, I had just slept when you decided to wake me up'' Neil rubbed his forehead; ''My love story is going to end before reaching the destination'' He crashed on her bed with a sullen face. Radhika sat next to him; ''Why so''

''Don't know why ? But I just heard Mom saying that no Mehra is allowed in our house. Now what'' Radhika's heart started thudding in fear, did Prerna see her with Arjun. She was scared now, what answer will she give if Prerna questioned her. Radhika shrugged away her thoughts; ''AD, stop worrying , you have me. Together we will find a way'' Neil smiled and pulled her cheek; ''I know, you always make things easy for me'' Radhika smiled; ''Neil, how does it feel being in love''

Neil blinked hearing the unexpected question coming from the girl he thought just to be a kid; ''Why? are you'' Radhika nodded negative; ''No just asked, I watched you and Sam , then Kritika-Zubin so lost in each other. I was wondering, how does it feel to be in love''

Neil smiled wide; ''Magical! Its just one word that describes the feeling. You know when we fought over Arjun, I felt my life falling apart. There was a strange pain in here'' he pressed his chest over his heart ,. ''I felt I won't be able to survive. Birdie , its a feeling wherein you just want to be with that one person, you feel complete content with'' Neil went on as Radhika got the flashes of Arjun from being her predator to her protector. The hug they shared meant more than it looked, his lips on her skin. He meant something to her, she knew he felt that too. Radhika took a sharp intake of breath , clutching the bed-sheet hard on her sides. Neil heard that; ''What's wrong?''