The End of The Dark Night

Destiny; ''Darkest of nights can only bring the brightest dawn.''

Radhika stretched her limbs at the sound of the alarm. It was time to leave for work, she was glad as it was Friday and she could leave early. She had her finals in a week and had already requested for leaves from her boss. Moving to her cupboard , she hugged her favourite soft toy again, ''Happy Birthday AD. Miss you.'' Staring at his gift emotionally for few moments she decided to start her day. Moving to the kitchen, she switched on the coffee maker and started preparing breakfast. She smiled, Prerna never allowed her to do a single thing. All she loved was being done at the click of her fingers; she missed being pampered by her parents. She looked around the apartment she was staying in. It was an expensive one with all amenities. She smiled recalling Nihal, who made sure she had a comfortable life away from his eyes.

She wiped her glistering eyes, for some reason she missed her family little more today. She gave up the idea of cooking and ordered herself breakfast from nearby joint. The sound of door bell made her jump bringing her back to reality, she ran to the door to collect her breakfast. ''A very good morning to you Miss. Seems, you were missing me.'' Radhika froze, then lifted her eyes up to be greeted by a familiar dark eyes and a known dimpled smile.

Neil thanked the driver paying him the fare; he stared at the building for a moment before walking in. He came prepared to pull her ears for leaving like this, he had passed the journey in jotting down of the ways he was going to reprimand her. Stepping out of the elevator, he found a delivery boy ready to press the door bell. He stopped the guy and took the package making the payment. He looked into the package once, ''Who eats a brownie for breakfast?'' Shaking his head, he pressed the door bell and she answered looking all sleepy. He shook his head again in disappointment  when she extended the money without even glancing at the visitor. ''Careless.'' He muttered under his breath. Something on her face made him forget all his anger, she looked dull gloomy and lost. He decided to wake her now, ''A very good morning to you Miss. Seems, you were missing me.'' She squealed after a minute throwing her arms around his middle. He had to hold her to halt her random jumping. ''I missed you AD''

''Oh really! No calls in months and you missed me. Can I move in.''

''NO!!'' She replied horrified shutting the door on his face. He frowned then smiled, he knew she must be stuffing things around trying to make her apartment look tidy. He grinned; she didn't change even a bit. After a good 10 mins, she opened the door grinning ear to ear like a child. Neil walked in and looked around, ''So, finally you have learned to keep your surroundings clean.''

She nodded with pride in her eyes. He roamed around praising the apartment and then walked into her room. She had pictures of everybody she loved, he smiled. He picked up the frame caressing it. Placing it back, he pretended roaming casually and in a sudden move he pulled open her cupboard. A pile of clothes fell on floor with a thud. ''Some people can never change.'' He muttered lifting his eyes to her. She frowned and then laughed. She ran to him and gave him a big hug, ''Happy Bday AD. Won't you scold me?''

''I wanted to, but one look at that sad face of yours. I forgot all. I missed you Birdie.'' He cupped her cheeks, ''Where is my gift?''

''I mailed it''

''I want a new one''

She thought, ''Fine , let me cook something special for you.''

''Oh no! I think I would do with the gift back home.'' She stomped and chased him around. he laughed running around  teasing her every now and then. His eyes fell on a picture of Arjun, ''Why is he here? He is not family.''

''AD!!! Its already over. This is just a remembrance.'' He wanted to laugh, but controlled, ''get ready, we are going out.'' She nodded and informed her boss running away to get ready.