Chapter 9: Who Said I Was An Angel?

Dinah's POV

It was the second day of the expo. Ally, Normani, Vero, Lucy, Zayn, G, and I were busy working at the Allycakes booth again. And I was counting down the hours till I was free to go home and lock myself in my study to get some time away from Normani. We'd spent all day together yesterday in the booth and at my family's bonfire. We'd even had to share a tiny motel room with an even smaller bed. I mean, we shared a bed at home, but it was huge so we never had to touch each other and she was usually asleep by the time I got home from work anyway. But last night, when I woke up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, we were sleeping all cuddled up on the tiny motel bed and I just felt super awkward after that.

My irritation with Normani was subsiding yesterday, but after my fight with Camila, my frustration with Normani flared up again. How was it possible that my best friend was taking her side? I was mad and hadn't talked to Camila since our fight, and she'd taken the morning off to go explore the expo, so I, thankfully, hadn't seen her all morning.

"Hey! Look what Kels just sent me! It's a video of Camila and Lauren," Lucy said, holding up her phone.

Since there weren't any customers, everyone gathered around Lucy to watch a video of Lauren being interviewed by some asshole, Camila chewing the interviewer's ass, and the interviewer storming off amidst cheers from the observing crowd. Damn. That's my best friend. I thought, despite being mad at Camila. Right as the video finished, Camila walked into the kitchen using the back door.

"What're you guys doing?" Camila asked, confused at why we were all gathered around Lucy.

"We were just watching you own that interviewer's ass," Vero said, clapping Camila on the back.

"Water Gun got the whole thing on tape. And dude, that was seriously badass," Lucy said, hi-fiving Camila.

"It was so nice of you to stand up for Lauren like that," Ally said, hugging Camila.

"Thanks for kicking his ass for us," Zayn said, giving Camila a fist bump.

"Yeah, good job, Camila," G said, also fist bumping Camila.

"That was really inspiring, Mila," Normani said, giving Camila a hug.

Then, all eyes were on me. I was the only one who hadn't said anything. Camila and I looked at each other awkwardly, but before things could get more tense between us, I opened my arms as a peace offering and said, "That's my girl, Walz."

Camila smiled and moved into my arms to hugged me tightly, while everyone else went back to their respective jobs, giving us some privacy.

"I'm sorry, Cheechee," Camila said, kissing my cheek and cuddling me.

"I'm sorry too, Chancho," I said, snuggling my best friend.

"I promise I won't give you a hard time about her anymore," Camila said, pulling back and holding up her pinky.

"Thanks. I just need some time to figure things out," I said, tangling my pinky with hers.

"I understand," Camila said.

"So what's the deal with this video?" I asked, tossing Camila an apron.

Camila secretly filled me in on everything that'd happened with Lauren last night and this morning, and how she planned to date Water Gun as revenge.

"If not jealous, Lauren was definitely annoyed that I was hanging out with Water Gun. And it's funny cuz I really had no idea she was going to be volunteering at the demo booth under one of my dad's friends. Serendipity at its best. Looks like the Universe wants me to win this dare too," Camila said in a low voice, helping dry the dishes that I was washing.