Chapter 57: I Won't Give Up

A/N: I was supposed to update last night, but my computer decided to update itself. Lol then I fell asleep waiting for it to finish and had a busy day today. My bad, y'all. Tap that VOTE and leggo! *tap tap tap*

S/O to professionalbanana for designing the new DYTL cover!

Recap (Read in Christina Grimmie's angelic voice)

Previously on DYTL:

-----

Squirtle Squad hate Camila (CH 56)

Camren's previous dates + "81-year-old with vibrator" (CH 29)

Norminah's resolution (CH 47)

Dinah's backstory with Bri (CH 31)

Will and Ally are both widows (CH 14) + Ally's problematic family (CH 24) + Wally engaged (CH 52)

Basketball: Dinah was into basketball, so in her letters Normani would write about how she got into basketball + Dinah wanting to watch LA Sparks or Lakers game with Normani and double date with Camren (CH 41) + Lauren is a Clippers fan (CH 23, 41)

Jade's backstory (CH 51)

Lucy and Lauren drifting apart bc Lauren didn't tell Lucy about her accident (CH 54, 56)

How Camila asked Lauren to Dinah's wedding (CH 2)

"Have you ever felt trapped?" "Yeah, Enrique...er Luce's older brother...tried to bury me alive once when we were kids cuz I buried his favorite GI Joe toy." (CH 32)

Lauren's wishes for her friends (CH 23) + How Camila helps the Squirtle Squad (CH 36)

Camila using strap-on as barrier between her and Lauren + Camila's bite fetish (steamy Camren chapters)

Camila would never get a tattoo (CH 43, 50)

-----

January 2021

Lauren's POV

"So...what've you been up to this week?" I asked Normani, who was seated across from me at the Starbucks table.

Normani sighed and put her coffee cup down, "That's the third time you've asked me, Lauren. Let's just skip the small talk and get to the real reason you wanted to meet up."

"There's no actual reason. Can't I just call you to catch up on life and shit?" I asked, deflecting her question.

"Nice try..." Normani said, rolling her eyes, "I know you called me here cuz you're scared of going on a date with Camila."

"What?" I spluttered, "Who told you that!? I ain't scared of shit!"

"Right...except for rollercoasters and airplanes and ferris wheels and-"

"Okay, okay!" I said, crossing my arms stubbornly, "I admit I'm a little nervous about the date. But so what? I mean...things are cool between us, right? We're both better people now. We text and talk on the phone every day. And obviously we still have feelings for each other."

"But you're still scared. That's why you wanted to talk to me, isn't it? Cuz I've been through what you're going through and you want my advice."

I stared at her incredulously, "You're worse than those personalized ads I get on my phone! How'd you know what I wanted to talk about?"

"You're not exactly a master of mystery, Lauren," Normani said, leaning back and taking a sip of her coffee. "Cancers always wear their heart on their sleeves. You, Dinah, and Ally are very easy to read."