Chapter 26: Resurrection

A/N: If you've never watched Dragon Tales before, I highly suggest watching the video below before proceeding. It'll make for a better reading experience. Plus, I chose this particular episode cuz it has dragons and constellations...hmmm that kinda sounds familiar, doesn't it? #ShamelessSelfPromo (Don't forget, this story takes place before YCM. Remember that quirky-ass epilogue where everyone talking about past lives?). 

-----

Recap (Read in Corbin Bleu's voice from HSM)

Previously on DYTL

Lucy's Impossible Bucket List #5: Resurrect the dead. (CH 4)

"You never told me how you came up with this bucket list." (CH 5)

I chewed the last bits of my burrito slowly, trying to come up with a good lie to tell her. Because the truth, which I'd never voiced to anyone, was the silly imaginings of a naïve young girl, who was long gone. (CH 5)

Suddenly, images of my childhood flashed across my mind. My older brother, Enrique, hugging me protectively in my room as my parents cussed and yelled at each other downstairs. (CH 6)

-----

Vero's POV

"Hey!" Lucy said with a broad grin as she got into my car, and without waiting for my greeting, she cupped my face and kissed me. Shivers coursing through my spine, I kissed her back with equal passion.

I couldn't believe my luck. Yesterday, the girl that I loved had admitted that she regretted not kissing me. And ever since then we were glued by the lips. Even though we couldn't have sex yet, we couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. We'd spent the entire day, yesterday, feeling each other up over our clothes. Then, we'd spent the entirety of Lauren's party making out, and the entire night fooling around in Lauren's guest bedroom till we fell asleep. This morning, Lucy woke me up with a long kiss, confirming that yesterday wasn't a dream. This was real. We were real. And in my gut I knew Lucy was starting to realize her feelings for me.

Lucy slowed our kisses and broke away after a few last pecks.

"Wow...what was that for?" I asked breathlessly.

"I missed you," Lucy said, avoiding my eyes, a slight red tinge prominent on her face.

"But we just saw each other in the morning," I teased, even though my heart was doing the Dougie out of happiness.

"Yeah...but that was a long time ago," Lucy said, shyly putting her hair behind her ear.

Why are you so fucking adorable, Lucy Vives? I flung my arms around her neck and attacked her cheek with aggressive kisses.

"OW! Stop! What the fuck!" Lucy yelped.

"I missed you too!" I said, pinching her cheeks firmly.

Lucy swatted me away and massaged her cheeks, saying, "I am never saying that to you again. You're fucking crazy."

"Don't lie, Lucia. You like it!" I said, starting the car.

"I do. Unfortunately."

I grinned broadly at Lucy's newfound boldness and drove off, thinking about how our relationship had bloomed from the first bucket list item. She'd gone from a reluctant participant to an enthusiastic partner-in-crime in just 5 months.