Chapter 45: Love Lies

A/N: Update on the asshole who copied my story: Wattpad took down the story and told me I could drag her ass into court if I wanted to, so the issue has been resolved. Thank you to everyone who messaged me and commented on the rant. Y'all really gave me the positive boost I needed and made me feel a lot better about the situation, and I can't put into words how much that meant to me. So, thank you guys for having my back! <3

Anyway, let's get this long-ass chapter started! Seriously, this chapter is the longest at 14k+ words, not including the recap and A/N, but it didn't make sense to split it into two. So, grab a snack lol. The BOLD phrases are subtle hints/foreshadow that you might've caught or missed in other chapters. If you ready and you know it, tap that VOTE! *tap tap tap*

Recap (Read in Khalid's voice)

Previously on DYTL...

Hints in Past Chapters:

1. "I appreciate you telling me," I told Camila, though I could feel my head pulsating as it tried to process this new piece of information.

We talked for a few more minutes and I swore Camila to secrecy. After Camila left, I sank back against the couch, rubbing the inside corners of my eyes tensely.

"Mani...w-what if...what if she asks you for a divorce?" Ally asked hesitantly, correctly reading what was on my mind.

"Then I'll give it to her," I said reluctantly. (CH 37)

2. "Nah, you guys go. I have work to do," I said shiftily. + But I didn't have time to think of all that now, I had to go check on Normani. + Lauren glared at me and wrenched her arm away from my grasp but stopped trying to get at the asshole who'd crashed into us. And still looking furious, she angrily asked, "What were you doing with Normani and Ally anyway? I thought you had work!" (CH 38)

3. "Ex-wife," Lauren corrected casually, "Er...you said you never lived as spouses, so friend really."

"Ugh! Walz, can't you just fucking take your girl and go?" I said, turning to look at Camila, who was busy typing an essay on her phone. "Walz!?"

"Huh? What?" Camila said distractedly, not looking up from her phone.

"God, both of you are driving me crazy," I said irritably, "Who're you typing that essay to, anyway?"

"Dr. Phil's probably giving her friend some type of psychological, problem-solving advice or something," Lauren said carelessly.

Camila stopped texting and shot a death glare at Lauren.

"Oops, forgot she hated Dr. Phil," Lauren said with a nervous laugh. + The date wasn't that interesting. Don and Normani were just talking, occasionally checking their phones, and laughing a lot. (CH 40)

4. "You know I'm proud of you, right?"

"For getting a divorce?"

"No. For not playing games with Dinah or yourself anymore. And for finally realizing your self-worth."

I smiled at Ally and said, "Thank you, Ally. For everything that you've done for me and for being here today. I really needed someone to be here in case I changed my mind. I could've asked the others, of course. But I didn't want to make it a big deal. I just wanted my best friend. That's all." (CH 42)

5. "You probably think I'm a bad friend, huh?"

"For focusing on your finals? No. Come on, Camz. We discussed this before. Dinah's my friend too. I can take care of her while you finish up with school. Don't worry, okay?"