Chapter 17: Kiss Me First

A/N: Who's gonna win the Camren kiss bet? (No cheating by reading ahead. Allysus is watching you).

Dinah's POV

I was fucked.

I'd told Normani to come to my office without thinking. No one at work knew I was married. I hadn't invited anyone from my professional life to the wedding because I'd slept with half of them at one point in time. And not gonna lie, I still flirted with everyone in my office like I was wild and single.

I was fucked. I somehow needed to keep Normani away from my office. I somehow needed to tell her that she couldn't do the accounts.

"Dinah, what's wrong?" Normani asked, when she caught me pacing in the living room.

"I'm fucked, Mani!" I blurted out without thinking. Then realized who I was talking to. Fuck.

"How come? What happened?"

"Uhm...you can't come to the office," I said, my brain working hard to think of something.

"Why?"

"Uh...cuz...uhm...cuz...the board of directors think it's shady that I hired my wife to work on the accounts," I invented wildly.

"Oh...So, you have to hire someone else?"

"I think so."

Normani's face fell and she said, "Oh, okay then..."

My heart sank at how sad Normani looked. Ever since I'd offered her the job, she was super excited about working with me on the accounts. During the week, she'd been chattering non-stop about different things that she'd come across during her work with her father. And I could tell that accounting was something that she thoroughly enjoyed. Normani turned to leave looking really gloomy. Fuck. I just couldn't handle her being sad like that.

"Mani, wait!" I said, grabbing her hand to stop her, "You know what, fuck the board."

"What do you mean?"

"You're going to do my accounts," I said, pulling her close to me by the waist.

"But won't you get in trouble when they find out?"

"Fuck them. It's my company and I'll hire who I want to hire."

I knew I was screwed, but I just couldn't see Normani be sad. She was way too precious to be anything but happy. I was just going to have to tell everyone at work that I was married.

"Dinah, I don't want to get you into trouble," Normani said, gently caressing my shoulder.

"Well, I'm not going to hire anyone else when I promised you the job. I know how excited you were to start in a few days."

"That's sweet of you, Dinah, but there will be other opportunities for me."

My heart was fluttering at her selflessness, but I wasn't done being stubborn. I wanted to see her smile again, so I said, "Yes, there will be. Starting now. You're working for me."

"But-"

"And rest assured, Miss Kordei, I will make you work harder than you've ever worked before," I said with a mischievous smirk. "Now come on! Gimme a smile!" And with that, I started tickling her sides.

Normani giggled and pushed me away, shouting, "No!"

She tried to run, but I tackled her onto the couch and tickled her mercilessly.

"Okay! Okay!" Normani squealed amidst her laughter.

"You'll work for me?"

"Yes! Okay!"