WTF!! (not an update, but I'm pissed)

Today, I witnessed a really low level of humanity. People have copied my work in the past, yes, but when I've confronted them, they've always had the decency to apologize and remove my work. NEVER have any of them blatantly lied about stealing my work. (This might be a long rant, so I apologize, but I need to get this out of my system so I can continue writing this story). 

A few days ago, more than one person contacted me about a Camren story that had a concept similar to mine (which I really appreciate btw, so thanks). That story was published just a few days ago (June 2018). As you all know, my story was published in June 2017. Now, the first three chapters of this story were definitely inspired by my fic (you could tell by the events that happened: Dinah giving Camila a dare to make a tatted biker, Lauren, fall in love while not falling herself; Lauren trying to have sex with her and Camila telling her that she's a virgin, then Camren fighting and Lauren talking about how she doesn't date). 

Honestly, after reading the first 3 chapters, I wasn't even going to report the fic cuz: 

1. No offense to the person, but it was horribly written. And by that I mean, no grammar, no character development, no sentence structure, horrible spacing, etc. The writing was all over the place...it was a mess. I'm no writing expert, but I do know that bad grammar turns a bunch of people off (including me) no matter what the story is. And if y'all think calling out someone's bad writing is petty, then I guess I am that bitch. 

2. They were only using the Camren storyline.   

3. There are a bunch of stories in the history of romantic writing and movies that involve dares. Concepts have always been recycled and inspired from other works. It was obvious they stole the events from my story, but I was in a good summer mood so I was gonna let it slide. 

HOWEVER

Then I read Chapters 4 & 5, which were EXACT, WORD-TO-WORD copies of the Camren story from my chapters 17 & 18 which were written a year ago. And this PISSED me off, because I spend hours on each chapter, coming up with concepts to fit the character development and advance the story. So, I decided to confront the user nicely. I told the user that stealing people's work isn't cool and that I would give them 24 hours to take down the story before I'd report them to Wattpad. Pretty reasonable, right?

24 hours later, I still hadn't gotten a response, so I reported the copyright infringement as promised. A few hours later, the user replies saying that she'd never even heard of my story and that our concepts were just similar. The user shows me screenshots of her reading lists and archive as 'proof' that she's never read my stories. THAT, my friends, was highly amusing because 1. I have a degree in Digital (Computer) Forensics and 2. I had screenshots of the person commenting on my stories and adding them to her reading list. 

It was obvious what she had done, she'd simply deleted my stories off her reading lists before sending me screenshots. Everyone should know by now that every interaction with a piece of data on the internet leaves behind a trace. That's FORENSICS 101 BITCHES. So everything you do on the internet, with a little bit of intelligence and hard work, can be traced.  

 I'm not trynna drag this asshole anymore than I already am, so I won't post names, but I present to you Exhibit A: the user's activity on DYTL before she deleted them off her page.  The red squares show you exactly when the user was lurking on my story and what she commented, so this negated the claim that she'd never even heard of my stories.