Chapter 39: Source of Comfort

A/N: LMAO remember when I used to update every week? I might take a really long time to update, but rest assured that I will finish this fic. I'm too into it and I plan on publishing one day, so I'm highly motivated. Anyway, if you're ready and you know it, tap that VOTE! *tap tap*

Recap (Read in Simba's voice)

Previously on DYTL:

Dinah gave Normani Simba as a get-well-soon package when Normani was 'feeling sick' just after she found out about Dinah's cheating: "And Simba's been with me since I was born. I always cuddle him to feel better. Here."

Dinah put the stuffed Simba toy in my arms and I automatically drew him against my body for comfort. (CH 25)

Vero, Dinah, Camila's huge fight, after which they stopped talking to each other. (CH 37)

Dinah beat up Cordell and got Normani's Easter eggs back for her when they were little. (CH 24)

Dinah's been making Normani breakfast to somehow make up for asking her wife for a divorce on their anniversary + Normani rates the breakfast. (CH 38)

Dinah's backstory (CH 31 & 32) + Dinah cheating with Bebe for the first time (CH 9)

Squirtle Squad have an open sexual relationship with each other/others. (CH 7)

Laurinah go boxing in the gym (CH 32)

Will + Ally have a thing (CH 37)

Lauren's necklace:

"Has anything major ever happened that you had to recover from?"

"Nothing major. I've crashed a lot of times, but always managed to get by with minor broken bones and small scrapes and bruises. I'd like to think this protects me from the major stuff."

Lauren held up a small motorcycle necklace that she was wearing.

"Is that your good luck charm?"

"Yeah. It used to be my mom's before she died. My grandparents gave it to me when I was little. They said she was my guardian angel, who's always gonna protect me on the track and in life. I've been wearing it since I was a kid. Makes me feel safe, I guess." (CH 13)

Click: "It just clicks with you instantly? It's like the universe communicating with your soul and-"

"-giving it a big thumbs-up? A sign that this is the right path for you?" (CH 13).

The Dare Specifics: "Make her fall in love, like cheesy romantic love, with you while remaining straight. So, she catches the feels for you, but you can't catch feelings for her. If you do, then you lose and have to admit that you weren't as straight as you thought you were." + "You can break things off with her at your graduation, or sooner, I guess, if you make her fall for you faster. But you have to break things off by your graduation. Oh, and you can only break things off after you make her say 'I love you' to you in front of both me and Iggy." (CH 1)

-----

Answer before proceeding: Everyone has an object that comforts them. For me, it's a stuffed Scooby Doo toy that I've had since I was 6. In this fic, for Dinah it's Simba and for Lauren it's her mother's necklace. What's your source of comfort and would you ever give it to someone else?

August 2018

Dinah's POV

I lay awake in my bed, blinking blankly at Normani's empty space next to me, like I'd been doing every night for a week since she'd moved into a different room. I didn't even know why I bothered getting into bed at night since I couldn't sleep these days.