Chapter 49: Only Told the Moon

A/N: Hi! Sorry I took forever guys. School is kicking my ass. But if you're ready and you know it, tap that VOTE *tap tap tap*

Recap (Read in the Moon's Voice)

Previously on DYTL....

Post-Vegas Trip Camren: Lauren decided to stop trying to get into Camila's pants & wanted Camila to break up with her. (CH 34-35)

The sun & moon meant different things to Camila's dad & Lauren's grandparents. Lauren's grandparents used to use the sun & moon to keep in contact when their relationship was long distant: "Every time they missed each other, they'd look up at the sky and it'd ease them knowing that the other person was looking at the same sun and moon. So, in a way, the sun and moon kept them connected all those years that they were apart." (CH 43)

Lauren's backstory: doesn't know who her father is because her mother, who passed away a few months after giving birth to her, never told her grandparents who the father was. (CH 3)

Dinah has two strap-ons: one that Bri gave her as a break up present, which she used to use on other chicks & one that Vero gave her as a wedding present, which she only used with Normani + Normally talk about strap-on destruction:

Allycat: You should find the other strap-on and destroy it.

Manibear: No. Then I'm afraid she's going to take our wedding one and I don't want that. I want our wedding one to be just mine.

Manibear: But don't worry, DJ will destroy the other one herself when she realizes that I'm the only woman she'll ever need. (CH 30)

Dinah doesn't need to use her strap on anymore and told Normani about Bri + Camila is now dating Ale (CH 48)

Camren Date Spot: Lauren took Camila to a clifftop overlooking the beach and set up Water Gun's pickup truck all romantically (CH 29)

Camren & "Baby" by Justin Bieber (CH 16)

Graffiti: Lauren first asked Camila to be her girlfriend on Valentine's Day with a mural that she painted of Camila outside the motorcycle garage where she worked (CH 30)

-----

Answer before proceeding: The sun & the moon hold different meanings for different people. What do the sun & the moon mean to you?

-----

June 2019

Camila's POV

"Sofi, what're you doing out here? It's almost midnight. Mami wants you to come inside," I said, approaching my sister, who was sitting in our backyard with her chin resting on top of her folded arms on our picnic table.

"Okay," she mumbled, looking away from the moon and wiping her eyes.

"Hang on. What's wrong? Why're you crying?" I asked in surprise.

"It's nothing," she sniffled, avoiding my gaze.

"Sofi..." I said softly, sitting down on the bench next to her and pulling her into my arms, "You know you can tell me anything that's on your mind, right?"

My sister didn't say anything for a long time. She just snuggled into me and continued looking up at the moon, sniffling and wiping her teary eyes, while I patiently waited for her to talk. After a while, Sofi said, "Tomorrow's Father's Day and all of my friends are going to be posting about their dads and I'm just going to be stuck thinking about how I can't even remember him."