Chapter 40: My Wife's Date

A/N: Sorry guys, took a while cuz it was Marvel week and I was marathoning through MCU movies before the Avengers: Infinity War premier. #ThanosDemandsYourSilence

If you ready and you know it, and you really wanna show it. If you're ready and you know it, tap that VOTE! *tap tap tap*

Recap (Read in Dr. Strange's voice)

Previously on DYTL:

Lauren participates in the local FMX competition every year in August (CH 7 & 8) + Dinah's always been irritated with Don's relationship with Normani (CH...literally every time Donmani interacts, starting with the first time at Lauren's FMX expo in CH 7)

Don is a business man, who idolizes Normani's father, a successful investor. Normani promised to take Don to meet her father at church whenever he was ready. (CH 10) + Allycakes 4.20 was his idea, which he pitched to Dinah, and Dinah is now his business mentor. (CH 12, 14)

Don is in an open relationship with his long-distance and serious girlfriend. (CH 39)

Bebe has become Normani's friend and was even helping her get Dinah back. (CH 30)

Camren knows about Dinah's cheating + Dinah walked in on Camren when they were (chocolate) sauced up. (CH 37 & 39)

Norminah's Past Moments: As a Christmas gift, Normani got them reservations to Roy's, a fine dining restaurant that Dinah's was dying to eat at (CH 21) + Dinah opening the car door for Normani & playful banter (CH 29)

Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! Movie Moment: Classification of smiles into different categories. (CH...watch the YouTube video at the top)

Dinah's crush progression on Bri:

First basketball camp: Bri fell onto Dinah during a basketball game and Dinah was bleeding, so Bri took Dinah to the nurses office and held Dinah's hand during the treatment process. After, Bri kissed Dinah's bandaged wound and that's when Dinah really developed a crush on her. (CH 31)

Last basketball camp: Dinah's first date was a surprise picnic with Bri. And while they were dating, Dinah had dreamt of a happily-ever-after with Bri which included enough kids to fill a cricket team. Then Bri turned out to be the biggest asshole and Dinah closed herself off. (CH 31)

Car Accident: A car ran a red light and crashed into Camila, Normani, and Ally's car when they were taking a protected left turn, so obviously Normani's a little shaken up. (CH 39)

Love, Simon Quote: "Sometimes I think I'm destined to care so much about one person it nearly kills me." (CH...go watch Love, Simon and buy Love Lies on iTunes)

Norminah don't sleep in the middle of their beds, they sleep on their respective sides, subconsciously leaving the other side empty for each other. (CH 38)

-----

September 2018

Dinah's POV

There was a pile of work on my office desk, but all I could think about was the little things that'd happened during Lauren's FMX expo last weekend.

It probably wasn't a big deal. I mean, Normani was a lesbian after all. But I just didn't like the way he was hanging around her all through our Allycakes shift. Helping her tie her apron. Pushing hair out of her face. Playfully putting flour on her arm. Making her laugh. Didn't he realize that she was still married!? Okay...so maybe our marriage didn't exist. But no one knew that outside of me, Normani, Camila, and Lauren. Right? So technically, from his perspective, he was still flirting with a married woman.