Chapter 35: Birthday Sex

A/N: Before reading this chapter, it's important to remember that Camren are both stubborn AF when it comes to their thoughts and opinions. However, their thoughts/opinions don't match their actions. For example, notice how Lauren slips sometimes and involuntarily smiles at Camila's goofiness, and Camila slips sometimes and involuntarily attacks Lauren with kisses. The mismatch between their actions and thoughts is indication that they are both falling, but too damn stubborn to admit it.

Recap (Read in Jeremih's, aka singer of 'Birthday Sex', voice)

Previously on DYTL...

Lauren only went out with Camila to take her virginity because she thought Camila was playing games (CH 27), but when Camila falsely accused Lauren of being a monster in Vegas, Lauren realized what she was doing was wrong and vowed to distance herself from Camila till Camila dumped her (CH 34).

Camila has a strong internalized homophobia caused by a traumatic memory in her past and uses the dare to justify her lesbian tendencies by convincing herself that she's just acting (CH...literally the entire fuckin' story).

Camila's POV "I want my first time to be with someone special. Someone I have a deep, romantic connection with," I said honestly, trying my hardest not to lean in and close the gap between our lips (CH 14).

Camila is really insecure when it comes to sexual acts because Austin made fun of her to his friends and constantly cheated on her (CH 15). Plus, Lauren has made her feel bad about her lack of experience during Halloween (CH 19).

Her words hit home.

"She's so bad. I was faking it the entire time. Didn't even cum."

"I got Becky coming over after the prude goes to sleep."

"I need some real action tonight, not a pathetic little make-out session."

My head throbbed with insecurities, anger, and humiliation. I was tired of sucking at physical shit. I needed to get better (CH 19).

CH 20 Group Chat:

Walz: Please tell me I didn't let Lauren take my virginity...[monkey covering eye emoji]

Iggy: By dry humping with pants on? Nah. That's 2nd base.

Iggy: At most that's base 2.5.

DJ Knowles: I dunno, Iggy...I always thought losing the V was when you had your first orgasm.

Iggy: Really? I always thought of it as any type of penetration that breaks your hymen.

Iggy: If it's first orgasm, then I lost my virginity to myself at 12 when I first masturbated.

DJ Knowles: I guess it varies from person to person. Some people in my church think you can lose your virginity with just a dirty thought.

Walz: Wait, so you guys don't think I lost my virginity, right?

Iggy: I don't. But apparently Dinah does.

DJ Knowles: But it's not about what we think. It's about how you define the loss of virginity. It's a much more subjective concept than what society portrays it as.

Iggy: Damn Dinah, that's kinda deep. How're you so coherent in the morning.

DJ Knowles: I didn't get any sleep last night. I'm so exhausted that my brain is woke.

DJ Knowles: Anyway Walz, did you figure it out yet?

Iggy: Yeah, what do you think losing the V is?