Chapter 24: Confessions

A/N: If you're ready and you know it and you really wanna show it. If you're ready and you know it, tap that VOTE! *tap tap*

RECAP (Read in pro-bending announcer voice from Legend of Korra)

Previously on DYTL:

Allysus - "Normani, I would like your assistance in creating cannabis-infused baked goods." (CH 22), "Troy's been killed in Afghanistan." (CH 9), "By the way, my buddy, Will, helps people who're going through a loss. His wife lost her life in the navy and ever since then he's been holding group therapy sessions to help people with the grieving process." (CH 14)

Norminah – "I'd known from the moment she'd come to my rescue in the playground when we were kids, that Dinah Jane would have my heart forever." (CH 4)

-----

Ally's POV

January 1st, 2018

*1:30 am*

"Are you sure it was a good idea to mix champagne with the cupcakes?" Normani asked for the thousandth time.

Normani and I were sitting on my couch, snuggled into opposite corners with our last glasses of champagne. I was feeling a little light headed from the combination of the cannabis and champagne, but other than that I was fine.

"I feel fine for the most part," I replied for the thousandth time.

We kept repeating conversations throughout the night, but other than that everything was normal.

"That's cuz we're sitting. Wait till you stand up," Normani said.

I put my glass on the coffee table, stood up, and walked a few paces. Everything around me was suddenly spinning, but I was able to make it back to the couch.

"Oh dear Jesus, I am altered," I said, snuggling back into my couch corner and grabbing my glass of champagne again.

Normani giggled and said, "This isn't too bad. The time Dinah and I got high, we couldn't remember anything. We were on the couch one minute and on our bed the next. At least we have some control of our actions today. But it's weird, last time I ate one brownie and got super high, but this time we're still able to engage in conversation after eating three cupcakes each."

"I think the cannabis concentration for commercial purposes is significantly lower than what you guys baked last time. And I specifically used the recipe that we would use in Allycakes 4.20."

"That makes sense," Normani said, and after a few minutes of silent champagne sipping, she asked, "So, what did you decide? Are you going to sell marijuana infused products from Allycakes?"

"Honestly, now that I've tried it, I'm leaning towards a yes. The boys' business proposal is well thought out. We won't be sharing kitchens or premises, so there won't be a contamination issue, which was my main concern. And Dinah's been on board since day one, which I think is a big factor in me saying yes."

"Dinah's a really good business woman, Ally. I'd trust her."

"Aww, Manibear, you're so cute!" I gushed, seeing Normani blush.

"Huh?"

"I just think you and Dinah are adorable. Whenever we talk about her, you're always blushing and stuff. It's rare to see that kind of love in a love marriage, let alone an arranged marriage. I'm just so happy you guys are getting the hang of each other."

Normani turned redder and said, "Actually...I have a confession to make, Ally."

"What confession?"