Chapter 54: Dragonfly

A/N: I'm here before three months! Lol I was gonna post this earlier, but I'm hella busy at work these days and barely have time to write T-T. Remember to add +3 days to my IG countdowns for revision cuz I always underestimate how much I have to do lol. Anyway, tap that VOTE and leggo! *tap tap tap*

Recap (Read in Lizzo's Voice)

Previously on DYTL...

Mike + Gulf War + Kawasaki KLR650: "That's a Kawasaki KLR650. First used in the Gulf War," a voice said, startling me so hard that I almost dropped the motorcycle model with a dragonfly insignia that I was examining. I quickly put the model back and turned to find a jovial-looking man with a short-boxed beard approaching me. "It's my favorite bike." (CH 13)

"...I served in the Gulf War and then was deployed again right after to oversee the return of our troops. I fell in love with motorcycles there actually. I was one of the first to ride a combat KLR 650 and even helped improve some of the later combat models." (CH 13)

I sat alone in Mike Jauregui's office late one afternoon, waiting for him to meet me. Unable to sit still for more than 15 seconds, I got up and walked around the room, looking at his motorcycle memorabilia. He had tons of miniature motorcycles and my favorite was the Kawalaski KLR650, which had a dragonfly insignia. Two years ago, when I'd first come to this office, Mike'd said showed the bike off as his favorite. And over the years of me interning for him, he'd told me how important the bike was to him. The dragonfly insignia represented his army squad, which'd helped recover many injured soldiers.

I quickly took a picture of the dragonfly bike for memory (CH 52)

Clara's Dragonfly tattoo: "I remember when Clara got that tattoo too. It was surprising cuz she was more of a 'my body is a temple' type of person. You know, people who don't want anything on their own body? But she went traveling and helping people around the world as a part of her medical degree and came back with that dragonfly tattoo." (CH 43)

Lauren + Healthcare: Lauren has shitty insurance and doesn't believe in the country's shitty healthcare system (CH 18)

Caminah: Dinah stopped talking to Camila in CH 46 and kinda made up in CH 52: Okay...so I knew our make up was a surface-level one. Dinah and I still had to have a heart-to-heart talk to really sort things out and catch up.

Camila accidentally left Lauren's mom's necklace in Little Harmony (CH 52)

Jade is the Director of Little Harmony, who's head quarters is in SF, aka where Camila will soon be moving to for her job (CH 51-52)

Norminah stopped having sex with a strap-on (CH 48)

Dinah's past with Bri and her family kicking her out (CH 31-32)

Camila's past with her father & Hailee (CH 53)

Camren's history with Caramel Brulée lattes (CH 2, 46, 48)

Lauren was initially playing games with Camila to try to get into her pants (CH 27-35)

Don is Lauren's manager & takes care of her finances (CH recurring)

Don, G, Zayn, Bebe were nice to Camila post-break up; Kels, Cara, Halsey were more aggressive (CH 50)

Halren is real? (CH 50, 51)

Lauren lost her sponsors and got blacklisted from motocross for being drunk + injuries: punctured lung, broken ribs & wrist (CH 53)

Parallel: Lauren gets mad at Camila for being in a car accident (CH 39)