Chapter 19: Jelly Belly (Halloween Edition)

A/N: You 'bout to witness some steamy jealousy, so how 'bout that VOTE? PS: iSpy one shameless self-promo in this chapter.

October 31, 2017

Dinah's POV

"Dinah, can you come home? We need to talk," Normani said on the phone.

I'd come back to the office from fucking twins on my lunch break to 5 missed calls from my wife. My heart pounding nervously, I asked, "What's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"No. I need you to drop what you're doing and come home. Now."

"But Mani, what's-"

"I'd rather not discuss this over the phone."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

Did she know?

My stomach was twisting with nerves the entire car ride. When I got home, Normani was in my study with multiple monitors turned on, shifting through a bunch of papers with her reading glasses perched on her nose.

"Mani?" I said, approaching her cautiously.

"Sit. We have things to discuss," Normani said, without looking up from her papers.

Gulping nervously at her serious tone, I sank into the chair next to her.

Normani took off her glasses and sighed, "Someone's been cheating."

"C-cheating?" My heart had stopped beating.

"And their cheating ass is 'bout to get these hands," Normani said in an uncharacteristically angry voice.

"Mani, I-"

"Idiots. Thinking they can embezzle money from right under your nose without consequences. But I caught them, Dinah. Their game is up."

"What're you talking about?"

"Your accounts weren't adding up, so I closed in on receipts. Some employees have been stealing money from your company."

"Oh, thank God," I sighed out of relief, clutching my heart.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean...that's bad, right?" I said, recovering quickly. Then I realized what she was saying and gaped at her in shock, "Wait. Stealing money from my company? You sure?"

"Yeah. Look at these papers," Normani said, inching close to me. She proceeded to tell me how she found accounts that weren't adding up, how there were shady transactions every month, and how she'd compiled a list of suspicious employees to question.

"Damn. I can't believe my accountants missed this," I said, completely shocked.

"That's another thing. Someone from your accounting team is in on it. I'm really sorry you have to go through this, Dinah," Normani said, caressing my thigh gently, "I suggest you contact a forensic accounting firm to conduct an internal investigation and find the culprits from my list of suspects."

"Okay," I sighed, rubbing my temple. I'd just relieved my stress fucking those twins, but now it was back again. Great. Good thing I was going to a wild Halloween party later tonight. And I was going to fuck the shit out of so many bitches at that party that-

"It's going to be okay, Dinah. We caught them before they could do any serious damage," Normani said, moving to sit on my lap. She hugged me tightly and I felt some of my stress dissolving.

"Thanks, Mani. I owe you big time for this," I said, hugging Normani back.

"I wish you were coming to Zayn and G's Halloween party with me tonight. I know you said you had an important business dinner, but still, it would've been a good stress-free environment for you."