Chapter 18: Don't Think, Just Feel

Camila's POV

"What the fuck, you little bitch!?" Lauren said, roughly grabbing my hands.

"Shit. I'm so sorry, Lauren. I didn't mean it. That was just a reflex. I-"

"First, you kiss me. And then you slap me? Don't fucking play games with me, Camila. I'll fuck you up. Right here. Right now," Lauren gritted in anger, roughly twisting both of my hands behind my back. "No one fucking slaps me and gets away with it."

"Please, Lauren. I didn't mean it. My thoughts just got the best of me. I'm sorry. Please, it hurts..." I winced in pain.

Lauren aggressively threw me off her lap from the bike and I landed hard on the floor. "Get out. Go home. Don't fucking show me your face again."

"Lauren-"

"Leave. Now. Before I do something both of us will regret."

It was over. I knew it. I'd fucked up. Lauren was probably never going to talk to me again. I'd lost. I stood up to leave, but there was a sharp pain in my ankle when I tried to walk on it. I winced and crumpled back down to the ground.

"Fucking great," Lauren muttered under her breath. She got off the red Ducati ST4 and angrily pushed it over, making it fall with a loud crash.

Then she came over, knelt beside me, and looked at the ankle that I was holding in pain. Despite still being angry, Lauren carefully untied my laces and took off my boots and socks really gently.

She may hate me right now, but she still cares that I'm hurt.

As Lauren examined my ankle, feeling random parts of my foot, her angry features softened.

See? There's hope. She's calming dOWWn!

I winced in pain as her fingers touched a particular area and Lauren shortly said, "Sprained."

"I think it caught on the bike when you pushed me."

"So this is my fault now?" Lauren asked, glaring at me angrily.

"Well, you did throw me on the ground like a discarded Barbie doll," I said irritably.

"You fucking slapped me!"

"You kissed me!"

"Are you fucking serious!? You're the one who shoved your tongue down my throat after giving me $100!"

"Fuck. You're right. I forgot."

Lauren looked at me, her face softening completely, and let out a snort of laughter. Seeing her mood change, I also let out a small giggle. Things were going to be okay.

"You're fucking crazy," Lauren said, shaking her head in amusement.

"It's not my fault. I just forgot that I kissed you first. I'm not used to losing bets, you see."

"You better get used to losing then. Anyway, let's go take care of this sprain."

"Lauren, wait!" I said, grabbing her hand to stop her as she made a move to stand. I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers in a gentle kiss. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it..." I whispered, gently caressing the spot where I'd slapped her, before pressing my lips to the skin.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too," Lauren whispered, gently brushing her nose against my cheek. She turned her face and pressed her lips to mine in another gentle kiss.

"It's okay," I mumbled against her lips.

"Now come on, I have bandage at my house," Lauren said, pulling away to help me up.