Chapter 55: Fix It

A/N: Sorry I'm super late, y'all. Life hasn't been easy these past few months. Thanks for being super patient with me! Tap that VOTE & leggo!

Recap (Read in Free Willy's voice)

Previously on DYTL:

Lauren was suspicious of Camila's intentions from the beginning: Overall Verdict: She was playing a psychological game, trying to control my emotions and induce certain reactions from me. I was her Guinea pig for some type of weird psychological experiment. If she really liked me, then she wouldn't come with terms and conditions. (CH 27).

Dinah to Normani about communicating better: "Both of us are just bad at communicating, you know? So maybe we can start fresh and work on telling each other everything?" I rambled. Then horrified at what I was saying, I quickly corrected, "I-I mean, I'm bad at communicating. Me. You're good. You're perfect. I'll work on myself to improve that. I promise." (CH 45); + "Wait no," I said desperately, grabbing her hand as she got up to leave, "We promised each other to communicate better, right? So please just hear me out." (CH 47)

Normani beating up Dinah in the boxing ring (CH 32)

Dinah punching the car when she was jealous of Normani's date and injured her hand (CH 40)

Lauren has a thing for the TV show punk'd (CH 54)

Dinah's company makes button cams (CH 50) + Dinah gave a button cam to Camila for Christmas (CH 51)

Camila prefers Nancy Drew over Sherlock Holmes (CH recurring)

Before she broke up with Lauren, Camila started distancing herself from Lauren after Lauren's NYE 'I love you': So, the days after the New Year's party, I started purposefully distancing myself from Lauren to make things easier for us. And a week later, when I saw that Dinah had transferred the $250,000 into my bank account, I decided to break things off with Lauren right away. (CH 46)

Lucy wanted to propose to Vero with a diamond-studded infinity ring (CH 46)

VERY IMPORTANT: Dinah & Vero's conversation when they make up:

"Anyway, you know who else is whipped? Walz is totally-"

"I don't want to talk about her!" I said sternly, sitting up on the bed.

"Why?"

"Has she stopped all that dare bullshit?"

"No, but I was thinking we could talk to-"

"I told you! I don't want anything to do with the dare! And if she hasn't come to her senses, then I don't want anything to do with her either!" I said angrily, trying to push away the guilt and stress I felt for not telling Lucy.

"Okay...okay...just relax. We won't talk about Walz or the dare, okay?" Dinah said quickly, trying to calm me down. (CH 46).

Lauren's Confessions: "Well...since you're being 100% real with me, I guess I have two confessions to make myself," Lauren said, taking a shifty sip of her coffee.

"Wait...what? Two confessions?"

"Yeah. Remember when I first asked you out after New Years with tiger lilies?"

"Yeah..."

"I only did it to get into your pants. I was playing you too."

"What!?"

"Well you kept kissing me one second and yelling at me the next second and then making dramatic ass speeches, so I thought you were playing mind games with me. In hindsight, I was right, wasn't I? Anyway, I thought you were doing psychological experiments on me, so I played some games of my own to get into your pants. In Vegas, when you got drunk and wanted to fuck, I realized what I was doing was wrong. And when you woke up the next morning and accused me, I didn't want to play games anymore. I wanted to break up with you. That's why I stopped kissing and hanging out with you for months. But then you got me a fucking strap on for my birthday and misunderstood me when I wouldn't have sex with you. So, I had to have sex with you to make you feel better. And after that...well...I thought you really loved me, so I fell in love with you for real."