Chapter 12: Focus!

A/N: Find 7 songs from 5H3 and 1 from CC1.

Dinah's POV

From Wife: I feel like we haven't been spending any quality time outside the bakery or church. Would you like to join me at the movie theater today?

No, I'm doing that chick that I picked up this morning at Starbucks.

To Wife: Sorry Mani, I'm swamped at work. I'll be late today.

From Wife: That's okay. I'm sorry for bothering you. I understand you must be really busy at the company especially since you're helping out at the bakery too.

To Wife: No worries.

To Wife: I'm totally down for a movie tomorrow night, though. What do you wanna watch? I'll get us tickets.

From Wife: That's really sweet of you, but we have to go to your cousin's baby shower tomorrow night, remember?

To Wife: Oh frek, I totally forgot.

To Wife: Shit, I still have to buy a gift too.

From Wife: Don't worry. The car seat that I'd ordered for her came this morning. I hope you don't mind that I took the initiative.

To Wife: OMG, I love you so much, Mani!!

To Wife: I legit dunno what I'd do without you. You're a freakin' lifesaver!

From Wife: I love you too :)

Shit. I shouldn't have said that. She misunderstood.

From Wife: Since you're coming home late, do you mind if I invite Zayn and G over? We've been wanting to cook together for a long time.

To Wife: I don't mind! Hope you guys save me something good.

From Wife: Of course :)

-----

After the Starbucks chick passed out from her millionth orgasm, I silently slipped out of her apartment, feeling rejuvenated. I'd been fucking random chicks as often as I could—as many as 5 girls during a good week—to maintain my anxiety over my company, the bakery, and the marriage. Things were going pretty well.

Okay, maybe I wasn't spending quality time with Normani, but I was literally stuck with her till death did us apart or something like that. Besides, I was treating her like a friend. And who the fuck spends every waking moment with their friend anyway? I was already spending twice as much time with her than I was with Vero or Camila, so it was all good.

"Hey! It's my wife!" Normani giggled loudly when I let myself into the house later that night.

"'Sup Mani's wife," G said, while Zayn just gave me a lazy nod.

All three of them were in the living room. G was sitting on the floor, against the couch with his legs outstretched. Zayn was lying down on the couch. Normani was lying down on the floor with her legs propped up on the other couch, watching Adventure Time upside down on the TV. I'd never seen Normani sitting like this before. Something was off...

"Hello Dinah," a voice said from the kitchen, startling me. I turned around and found Don approaching me from the kitchen.

What the fuck is he doing in my house?

"I came to pick up the boys," Don said, reading my mind, "They baked special brownies and drank some shots, so they needed a ride home from someone sober. I came through and the kitchen was really messy, so I took the liberty of cleaning up. I doubt those three were gonna be in the right state to do it."