3. hand holding

malia tate usually didn't get nervous. but scott made her nervous, and she hadn't even met him yet. they only talked for about a week before they decided to meet each other. scott called it a 'date' which terrified malia.

malia looked over a lydia, who was applying some more lip stick. she probably was preparing herself because she knew stiles would attack her lips mid-movie. what? malia had third-wheeled many times before. they were waiting for scott and stiles, who were on their way.

"nervous?" lydia asked, putting her lipstick back in her makeup bag.

"no." malia answered, which got a 'really?' look from lydia. "fine. i'm terrified."

"why? you've gone on a lot of dates."

"yes, but never a blind one. this is different scott's different." malia bit her lip nervously.

lydia shook malia by the shoulder encouragingly, "you'll be fine."

"you'll be fine." stiles groaned to his best friend, who was flipping out over his date.

"but i really like malia and i think she thinks i'm cool, and i don't want to mess that up, because it's rare that people think i'm cool. what if she meets me and thinks i'm the most awkward person she's ever met? i haven't gone on a date since i was with kira, and that was a year ago-"

"jesus christ, scott." stiles interruped, laughing a little. "you'll be okay. besides, i know malia, she's cool. she'll like you. and i'm supposed to be the one who rambles, and you calm me down."

"okay, well, what if she doesn't like me? i mean, i basically forced her into going on a date with me. she told me it wasn't a date, and i forced it. what if she thinks i'm too controlling?" scott was almost speaking too fast for stiles to understand everything he said.

stiles pulled into the movie theater parking lot. he turned the key, turning his jeep's egnition off.

"look at me." stiles demanded. "just breathe."

"just breathe." lydia said, placing her hand on malia's shoulder again, trying to calm down her anxious friend.

malia nodded. lydia's phone dinged, and lydia said, "stiles texted. they're here. you good?"

malia nodded again, inhaling through her nose, preparing to meet scott.

lydia and malia walked until they reached the front of the building. moments later, scott and stiles walked up to them. stiles pulled lydia in for a 'hello kiss', which lasted longer than malia thought it should've.

"hi." malia said to scott as the couple was... busy.

malia stuck out her hand for scott to shake. he did, after wiping his sweaty palms onto his jeans. "hi." he smiled.

the two weren't sure what to say, so they patiently waited for stiles and lydia.

lydia pulled away from stiles, who noticed the awkward silence. "okay! everyone ready?"

scott and malia nodded, and watched as stiles wrapped his arm around lydia. they really didn't have a problem with pda.

the couple walked into the theater after purchasing the tickets, with scott and malia following behind them. they bought a large bucket of popcorn and drinks, which stiles paid for.

right on cue, malia thought. scott and malia hadn't said much to each other, but she leaned over and whispered, "they always make out during a movie."

scott looked at the couple and chuckled. "yeah. i've third-wheeled with them plenty of times."

"me too."

scott and malia were startled when they heard someone in the row in front of them shush them. scott apologized, and malia laughed quietly. he was nice.

sometime later, scott slipped his hand into malia's.

•••

idk if I've ever updated a story faster. This is so fun to write.

btw the love of my life (sorta) sat by me today and I fLIPPED.

-Kelsie