11. sorry

momlia
scott

scoot
malia

momlia
i'm sorry

scoot
it's okay
i just need you to talk to me

momlia
i did something really bad scott
i don't wanna talk about it

scoot
you can tell me

momlia
i can't
bye

malia wasn't mad at scott. she was mad at herself.

how could she do that to kira? she lied to her for weeks. betrayed her for weeks. what kind of friend did that make her? she didn't blame kira for ignoring her, but she wished she would at least let her explain.

and malia always wondered what kira started to say. that scott was the only guy she ever... what? kissed? had sex with? loved?

malia didn't move to beacon hills until after they broke up. kira talked about him occasionally, but rarely.

thank god allison was over him and with isaac. because then all malia would have left would be lydia.

malia had to do something. kira was her best friend. was. she had to fix this.

malia hesitantly knocked on the yukimura's door. her breath caught as the door swung open to reveal mr. yukimura smiling.

"malia! haven't seen you in a while. how are you?"

malia had thought that he would slam the door in her face once he saw her. kira usually told her parents everything. "i'm fine, thanks. is kira here?"

"she's in her room."

malia told him thanks and walked to kira's room. it had been a week since they lost spoke in person. the day she caught malia and scott. and interrupted their... malia didn't even know what they had. and she didn't want to find out until she talked to kira.

malia knocked on the door.

"go away." kira said, probably thinking it was one of her parents.

malia ignored kira's demand, and she turned the doorknob and walked into her room. kira's room had always been pretty. beautiful Japanese designs all over the walls had always made malia jealous that her room still had stuffed animals from when she was nine.

kira's curtains were always open. she said she liked the natural light in her room to shine it. it was her favorite thing to wake up to.

but kira's curtains were closed.

kira layed on her stomach, her head turned to the left, where she couldn't see malia. her room was darker than malia had ever seen it, and kira had trash lying around.

malia must have really hurt her.

malia slowly walked forward and sat on the edge of kira's bed. "hey." she said quietly.

kira's head snapped up at malia's voice. she sat up and turned to face her. her eyes were red and puffy, which meant she'd been crying, and malia felt so bad.

kira didn't cuss, yell, scream or anything. she just looked at malia and said, "hi."

malia wished she would have screamed at her. because when malia heard how broken and sad kira's voice sounded, malia wished it was her. she wished she was the one who was crying, layed up in bed, closed off from the world... but instead she was getting closer to lydia and allison. and growing farther away from kira.

malia wasn't a crier, but seeing her best friend like that... she didn't cry hard. just one single tear. "i know you probably hate me. and you think i'm the worst friend in the world. but that's because i am. i don't blame you for hating me. i'm sorry. i am so sorry."

kira, on the other hand, was sobbing. well, kind of. she was crying silently, closing her eyes tightly.

"i'm sorry." malia repeated.

kira nodded. it was obvious she didn't know what to say, and malia didn't blame her. then kira blurted out, "i love him."

•••

Yo.

I just remembered this morning that there's no Teen Wolf tomorrow so I'm pretty upset.

-Kelsie