19. commitment? no thanks

malia knew she was acting like a child. a scared child. but that was only because she was scared. she was scared of commitment. she liked scott. a lot. and she didn't want her fears to get in the way of what they had.

she didn't want to screw anything up with him. she wanted to go slow, but at the same time she wanted to go a little faster. god, she was confusing herself.

malia huffed at her own self. she dreaded going to school that day. because... well, school. just school. but she was excited to see scott. slowly, though.

after getting ready, an hour later, she walked through the halls of beacon hills high. the chatter and slamming of lockers being the only thing she heard, before she was basically tackled by allison.

allison jumped towards malia, crashing into her, causing her to stumble. malia immediately saw the excitement all over allison's face. malia cracked a smile, "hey, allison."

"ask me why i'm excited." allison slightly bounced.

"why are you excited?" malia played along, smiling.

allison held back a squeal. "isaac gave me this."

malia's eyes widened to the ring on allison's left ring finger. "allison, you guys have only been together for two years. he proposed?"

"it's a promise ring!" allison rolled her eyes playfully. "yeah, only two years, but he basically said he wants to marry me. can you believe it? he's so committed..."

after that word, malia was completely lost. why did that word mean so much to her? why couldn't she just accept it? why was she so terrified of it?

it's not like malia was getting a promise ring anytime soon, but his mother? why? did he mean that?

malia's breathing hitched. it was all too much at once. she needed to get out of there.

she thought she mumbled something like, "congratulations." but she couldn't remember.

her head pounded as she jogged down the hallway, leaving allison alone. she turned a corner and slipped into a bathroom. two freshmen girls were in there applying lipstick. "out." malia ordered.

what? she was a senior. she basically controlled them. the two girls looked annoyed, but they left.

malia grabbed each side of the sink with both hands. she tried to slow her breathing by taking deep breaths. slowly, she got her breathing under control. slowly.

malia sighed, dropping her backpack onto the ground. she slid down the bathroom wall, sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest. she just needed a moment to calm herself down before going anywhere.

lyduh
malia
what's going on
i heard you freaked out in school today

moolooa
i'm okay
who told you that?

lyduh
allison
and i heard some freshmen talking about you kicking them out of the bathroom?

moolooa
lol
i just needed to poop
no big deal

lyduh
okay..

scoot
hey malia
are you okay
allison told me you looked pretty freaked out this morning

momlia
yeah i'm fine

scoot
promise?

momlia
promise

scoot
i don't believe you

momlia
why is everyone questioning me?
allison already called
i told her i'm fine
lydia texted
i told her i was fine
now you
i'm OKAY scott

scoot
i'm sorry i didn't know

momlia
it's fine
just ignore me
i need to go

scoot
wait
can we talk about something in person tomorrow at school

momlia
tomorrow is saturday

scoot
i'll come to your house then
if that's okay

momlia
fine

🚨INCOMING SCALIA TROUBLE🚨

Thats what you people get when you ask for Scalia to slow down. (jk, I've had this idea for a while now).

Malia has commitment issues... and soon you'll find out why.

-Kelsie