27. more

scott didn't know why he felt so nervous as he pulled up in front of malia's house. he walked up to the front door and reluctantly knocked on it. after a few moments of waiting, malia opened the door.

"hi." she smiled and let him in. she led him to her room and they sat across from each other on her bed. "so..."

"so..." scott said. "why am i here?"

malia let out a confused laugh. "isn't it obvious?"

scott nodded. he knew why he was here. he wasn't sure why he asked. he looked up at her and smiled.

"look, i know... what i said before." malia said, holding her own hand. "about wanting to take things slow. and i do. but at the same time i don't. you know? but, uh, i want us to be more."

"you want to be more?" scott smiled a little.

malia nodded. "i'm ready."

scott's grin was uncontrollable. he didn't say anything. he just leaned towards her and kissed her.

this kiss was different. it was slow. it wasn't going to go anywhere, they weren't acting like they were going to rip each other's clothes off. not that scott minded that. but it was just a kiss. not rushed. it was perfect.

after about ten seconds, the two pulled away. they were left just smiling at each other for a long moment.

"i want to show you something." scott finally said. he hopped off the bed and held out his hand for malia to take.

"seriously?" malia laughed.

scott nodded. malia grabbed his hand and they walked out the front door.

malia wanted to kill scott for making her close her eyes the whole way there. but since she was a woman of her word, she didn't peak. but she really wanted to. malia felt the car slow to a stop. then she heard a door open and close. then another door opened, on her side.

"okay, give me your hand." scott said. malia held out her hand and felt scott grab it. he helped her out of the car, then grabbed her shoulders and turned her completely around. "okay, open your eyes."

malia opened them to see a mini golf course. "mini golf?" she turned to look at him, grinning.

he nodded with excitement in his eyes. "and if you don't like that, there's an arcade across the street.

malia attempted to suppress her smile, but failed. she reached out and grabbed his hand. "let's go."

after about twenty minutes, malia groaned. she kept hitting the ball, and it always missed the hole by an inch. and if it wasn't close, the ball ended up in the water. she heard scott laugh at her frustration so she shot him a mean look, narrowing her eyes.

"how are you so good at this?" she glared.

scott shrugged, grinning.

"stop smiling. stop enjoying this."

"we can leave if you want." he suggested.