7. broken promises

[instagram dm]

maliaelizabeth
kira
i love you
but you have got to tell me what's going on

kirayukii
nothing
don't worry about it

maliaelizabeth
you're such a liar
just tell me if you like scott

kirayukii
fine
i like him
now what?
are you gonna rub it in my face?
because he likes you?

maliaelizabeth
kira you know i'd never do that to you
you're my best friend
if you want
i won't date scott anymore

kirayukii
you would do that for me?

maliaelizabeth
of course
we're best friends
if i had known you still liked him i would have never gone out with him

kirayukii
thanks lia
so you won't date him anymore?
never?

maliaelizabeth
never

malia looked over at scott, seeing him smile at her from across the dinner table. they'd gone out together to get pizza, what they usually got when they went out together.

malia yawned and stretched out her arms. scott chuckled. "what?" malia asked, narrowing her eyes playfully.

"you're just... cute."

malia's smile grew as she blushed. she looked back down at her pizza and said a quiet, "thanks."

it had been three weeks since malia promised kira she wouldn't date scott anymore. malia liked to believe she didn't break her promise. she thought of her and scott as two friends hanging out. not a date. not that scott knew that. and she didn't plan on telling him.

well, maybe malia pretended it wasn't a date. but she knew it was.

but what kira didn't know wouldn't hurt her. besides, it's not like scott and malia had kissed since their first date. and that was just on the cheek.

they still texted, low-key flirted, and went out together.

and malia hoped it wouldn't ever end.

•••

Drama, my children. Drama everywhere. Sorry it was short.

AnOtHeR rEmInDeR, nothing against Kira, but I love Allison too much to make her evil. Kira is just a sad, smol one in this story. You'll understand later.

-Kelsie